PDA

View Full Version : My first Christmas as a Christian

dverna
12-25-2017, 10:31 AM
I attended church yesterday with my fiancé, her daughter and grandson.

I accepted Jesus in June of this year.

When the time came to light light the candles, the pastor asked anyone who had become a believer or who had been baptized this year to come forward to light their candles first. We then went into the congregation and lit the candles of the others. It was a moving experience

I thought of how far I had come, and how much further I need to go. I thought of the blessings I have received.

I could not sing the hymn that followed as I feared my voice would crack, but was able to sing the last carol.

Merry Christmas to all of you....both believers and those who have yet to accept our Savior. He loves us all.

T-Bird
12-25-2017, 10:36 AM
Merry Christmas!

obssd1958
12-25-2017, 10:41 AM
Merry Christmas, Don!

JimB..
12-25-2017, 10:42 AM
Merry Christmas!

Outpost75
12-25-2017, 10:45 AM
Merry Christmas.

Karl Wagner, retired CIA operations officer, lends perspective and wise words in his annual holiday letter to serving officers spending the holidays overseas, away from their family, I would share:

• "Emotions run higher on a holiday, no matter one’s faith or tradition. The highs are higher and the lows lower, especially the gut punch of remembering those no longer with us. And when you’re away from loved ones, somewhere overseas, the loneliness and sadness are sharper."

• "At your best, you are the living definition of grit and resilience....That means knowing how to quietly take a knee for a moment or an hour, when every fiber in your being seems stretched to the breaking point – perhaps talking with a trusted confidante about an image, or a sound, or the memory of a fallen colleague that you can’t get out of your head, or heart. And then stepping back into the fight."

• "Take solace that you will never be plagued by 'the fear of missing out,' as your actions subtly shape history in large and small ways, and as the path you quietly tread lays a foundation for others to follow. You are in our thoughts and prayers."

Please remember those serving our nation overseas this holiday season.

pmer
12-25-2017, 10:51 AM
Bless you thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!

"Do not be afraid, for I behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be for all people."

TRM
12-25-2017, 11:00 AM
Awesome Brother. The gift of salvation . Christ loved us so much.

Boaz
12-25-2017, 11:00 AM
Thank you Don and Merry Christmas !

marshall623
12-25-2017, 11:11 AM
Merry Christmas and God Bless You

JBinMN
12-25-2017, 12:05 PM
Merry Christmas!
:)

jdfoxinc
12-25-2017, 02:04 PM
Welcome to the fam8ly brother of Christ.

pworley1
12-25-2017, 02:15 PM
Merry First CHRISTmas! You will never look at Christmas the same again.

buckwheatpaul
12-25-2017, 06:02 PM
Don, Great message and congrats.....and a very Merry Christmas to your fiance and her family!

CastingFool
12-25-2017, 08:27 PM
Merry Christmas, Don, blessings to you and your family

Char-Gar
12-25-2017, 08:45 PM
What a wonderful and blessed 1st. Christmas. Just wait for your first Easter, that will blow you mind!

My 48 year old Step Son has been "spiritual, but not religious" and how has decided to return to his roots and claim Christ as his Savior and move to a life of faithful obedience. The day before Christmas, he asked me to go with him down to Boca Chica Beach and Baptism him in the Gulf of Mexico, which I gladly did. What a thrill for me and him both. I love him dearly.

fixit
12-25-2017, 09:18 PM
Congratulations, and may God bless you with his guidance and grace as you grow in Him!

USMC87
12-25-2017, 09:22 PM
Merry Christmas!

GhostHawk
12-25-2017, 10:27 PM
Brother, my heart sings for you. Oh Happy day! Hard times ahead, but on the other side, well, there is Easter. Enjoy the fruits of the season brother. Peace be upon you.

I attended church yesterday with my fiancé, her daughter and grandson.

I accepted Jesus in June of this year.

When the time came to light light the candles, the pastor asked anyone who had become a believer or who had been baptized this year to come forward to light their candles first. We then went into the congregation and lit the candles of the others. It was a moving experience

I thought of how far I had come, and how much further I need to go. I thought of the blessings I have received.

I could not sing the hymn that followed as I feared my voice would crack, but was able to sing the last carol.

Merry Christmas to all of you....both believers and those who have yet to accept our Savior. He loves us all.

dverna
12-25-2017, 10:38 PM
Gentlemen, thank you for the kind words

Many of you influenced me. Some directly by suggesting books or passages to read and study. Others by the postings you made not only here in the Chapel, but the examples you set on this site.

There are many good men here.

I was also blessed that my two closest friends are Christians.

And God did have to beat me up a bit as well. I was a stubborn bastard at times.

WRideout
12-26-2017, 07:54 AM
Brother Don, I don't believe God beats us up; sometimes he lets us make our own decisions, which can result in bruises. I don't know too many people who came to Christ when everything was going exceptionally well.

Wayne