PDA

View Full Version : Multi-cavity .451 Round ball mold?

AllanD
12-23-2017, 10:32 PM
Today was the day to have my Navy Arms Cap & ball Revolver out of it's case and check everything...

AND THAT led my to inventory supplies for it and so I subsequently discovered one lonely box of Hornady
swaged .451 round balls...
While I do have an old single cavity lyman mold block for .451 RB, but I hate casting Round balls with a single cavity mold
after getting a 4-cavity Lyman Mold for casting .310 RB for my CVA Remington pocket pistol reproduction.

THAT mold allowed me to make a coffee can of round balls for the CVA that I've been trying to shoot up for decades and I don't
appear to have made much of a dent in the supply kept in that can and I actually shoot my Navy Arms revolver more.....

To be honest I bought that CVA .32 because it was "cute" and I had at the time multiple NJ Pistol permits I needed to use up
(I didn't like going through getting one from even from my "cooperative" local PD, and letting one expire unused.
For anyone who cares I have not lived in the "People's Democratik republic of New Jersey for more than 20 years...

But to my Surprise LEE Does not make a six-cavity mold for 451RB. Does anyone else?

John Boy
12-23-2017, 11:14 PM
But to my Surprise LEE Does not make a six-cavity mold for 451RB. Does anyone else?
Yes, Lee makes multi cavity RB molds, in all the diameters ... just have to know where to order them
https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/1202/2/LEE-451-6C

AllanD
12-30-2017, 03:43 AM
Thank You, THAT is my next mold

AD