PDA

View Full Version : Buy A Brand Polish Radom

vzerone
12-23-2017, 11:53 AM
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/12/21/iconic-polish-fb-vis-pistol-return-production/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2017-12-23&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

rintinglen
12-23-2017, 03:28 PM
Veddy Interesting, but will it sell in Kankakee?

Petrol & Powder
12-23-2017, 03:45 PM
I'd buy one !

The Radom is a solid pistol. If they remain true to the original design it would be a great gun.

Green Frog
12-24-2017, 06:56 PM
With the number originally made that still percolate through the surplus market, I’m not sure the demand will be there for remake at that price point. Nostalgia will only get you so far and this may be a nine, but it’s sure no “Wonder Nine!” JMHO, YMMV!

Froggie

kywoodwrkr
12-24-2017, 07:47 PM
Think I'll settle for my P83.
About $275 now, got mine for less than $200 with extras. But is 9 x 18 not 9 x 19.
I did like my Radom when I had it but can't digest $1100.
Was in Kankakee in '41, don't know if it would sell there now or not.:bigsmyl2:

Bigslug
12-24-2017, 08:28 PM
. . . this may be a nine, but it’s sure no “Wonder Nine!”

Absolutely correct! You could buy one of these and not have to "wonder" why some idiot installed a DA trigger mechanism, made the frame out of aluminum or plastic, or made the magazine so fat only an NBA center can get his hands around the grip.

I think the only reason these guns weren't produced after the war was the turmoil their home country ended up in. I'd buy that over a Sig or Beretta any day of the week.

Petrol & Powder
12-24-2017, 10:05 PM
I've always liked the Radom but good examples command a high price. That $1100 price tag for a new one looks high at first but it might not be too far off the mark when compared to a good pre-war Radom. Most of the ones I've seen are the Nazi produced Radom's and they generally look pretty rough. I saw one at a gun show that looked like the slide had been finished by scraping it across a concrete sidewalk for about 15 yards and then bluing it.

A CZ-75 can be had for much less and is capable of excellent accuracy. If I was looking for an all steel 9mm pistol that was very accurate, the CZ-75 would be a less expensive route but there's just something special about the Radom. The Radom is about as bomb proof as you can get in a full sized 9mm pistol.
Although not quite the same era but close, the Beretta model 1951 and the French M.A.S. model 1950 are also very tough, single stack 9mm pistols. And if you have the money, the SIG P210 (model 49) is tough and extremely accurate.