PDA

View Full Version : Family Christmas Portrait (Contender Style)

tred1956
12-22-2017, 04:57 PM
Figured it was time for another Family Portrait. LOL The family has grown a little and some have new eyewear. One even has some new (THANK YOU GEORGIA JIM on Specialty Pistol Forum) Christmas Attire. Jim ordered this wood just for my wife and I. He also did a rush job to get it here by Christmas. It has the Bright Pink Wood and will Forever have a special place in my heart. It is in Respect for My Best Friend, My Wife who is Cancer FREE FIVE YEARS THIS MONTH **THANK YOU DEAR GOD** I am a Blessed Man.

Now a little about the Kids. All are easy open frames. I heard this was a switch barrel system but after over 40 years of Contender shooting I have decide THIS IS WRONG Please don’t be mislead by this common myth!!!!!!!!! LOL

First one (we call the Work Horse) is wearing BullBerry Custom Walnut and a 15 inch BullBerry full bull barrel chambered for 6.5 BB IMPROVED. Still in need of eyewear, but haven’t decided on Leupold or Burris. Probably a 2.5-8 or 3-12 Handgun scope

Second one (we call the Pink Panther) is wearing the above mentioned Georgia Jim custom pink laminate wood. It is a 14 inch full bull OTT chambered in 17/222 Rem. Eyewear is a Millett 4-16x56MM with 30mm tube and side focus target turrets.

Third one (we call the Green Hornet) is wearing custom Green laminate Georgia Jim wood. It is a 14 inch full bull BullBerry barrel chambered in 17 Ackley Hornet. Eyewear is a Barska 6.5-20x50MM 1 inch tube with covered target turrets.

Fourth one (we call the Wasp) is wearing custom Yellow laminate Georgia Jim wood. It is a 15 inch full bull OTT barrel chambered in 219 Donaldson Wasp. Eyewear is a Burris Predator Quest 4.5-14x42MM 1 inch tube with side focus.

Fifth one (we call Big Red) is wearing custom Red laminate Dave Dolin wood. It is a 20 inch full bull OTT barrel chambered in 223 Ackley Improved. Eyewear is a Burris Fullfield II 6.5-20x50MM 1 inch tube.

Sixth one (we call the Death Ray) is wearing custom Purple laminate Georgia Jim wood. If the cross hairs are resting on you when the trigger drops life is not good. This is without a DOUBT the most accurate Contender I have ever owned. Probably in excess of 400 different barrels over the years, but this is the ONE. It is a 22 inch full bull OTT barrel chambered in 20 Tactical. Eyewear is a Leupold VX-6 3-18x50MM 30MM tube with side focus.

Hope you enjoy the pictures and description. I consider you all family & friends. May all your shots fly true.
From My Family to Yours MERRY CHRISTMAS
Doug

Leadmelter
12-22-2017, 10:25 PM
Very nice
I was going to do a photo of my TC friends this winter.
My son in law is a professional photographer, I just need to set it up.
Leadmelter stay tuned

tred1956
12-22-2017, 10:44 PM
Would love to see them
Merry Christmas
Doug

nagantguy
12-22-2017, 11:00 PM
What a lovely family;they seem to favor the Misses with that glowing allure and fine lines. You guys must be so proud!

Artful
12-22-2017, 11:04 PM
Nice - thanks for posting - I think I have a plan for 2018 now

tred1956
12-22-2017, 11:33 PM
Sure don't favor the old Bald Fat man. Must take after the Misses for sure LOL
Thanks
Doug

Ramjet-SS
12-24-2017, 11:34 AM
Some nice looking guns. I really like the laminated stocks on Encores and Contenders.

Merry Christmas