PDA

View Full Version : Tacshots Universal Large-Mag loader, 3-d printer plastic

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-22-2017, 11:01 AM
I have owned a few Ruger P-series pistols, they always came with a Metal magazine loader tool.
Last September, I acquired a lightly used Ruger American(45acp) at the local gunshow. There was no mag loader tool.

After a short search, I found that most of the aftermarket tools were more $ than I wanted to spend. I didn't need any lever activated thingy, I just wanted a simple cheap mag loader, like Ruger use to provide with their P-series guns.

Then I seen a 3-d printed universal mag loader that's suppose to work on the Ruger American 45acp mags listed fleabay for 8 bucks shipped. I was skeptical that it would be sturdy enough, because these mags have a strong spring and are tough to load, especially that last 2 rounds, but I ordered it anyway.

It arrives and it seems very sturdy and should last a lifetime. But, I was disappointed that my Mags wouldn't fit. After looking at it, I figured if I could modify it without wrecking it, I would be good to go. I wasn't sure if this plastic was a thermo-plastic or more of a epoxy type of plastic. It wouldn't work for me as is, so I got the torch out, and heated the 'short' side and forced the mag inside. It seems to be the ticket! I've loaded mags 12 times so far, works as I hoped it would and hasn't broken yet.

Texas by God
12-22-2017, 04:44 PM
There- fixed it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

18Bravo
12-27-2017, 05:03 PM
There's nothing on the planet that can't be fixed with a hammer, duct tape or torch. Way to go JonB!