PDA

View Full Version : BLR 450 Marlin OAL ??

Ron.D
08-21-2008, 10:21 AM
I can't find the OAL for the 450 Marlin in the BLR. I know the SAMMI specs for the cartridge since it's governed by the shorter mags in some guns, but I don't think the BLR's needs to have that short a mag. since they're chambered for some much longer rounds. I'm thinking the BLR may allow a longer, more efficient nose profile and may help me chose my next rifle. Thanks for any help. Ron.

TGM
08-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Marlin reccomends the max length of 2.55" for flat nose bullets and 2.60" for Hornady Evolution ammo. for their rifles.

TGM

Heavy lead
08-21-2008, 10:51 AM
There are two action lengths for the BLR. The 450 is in the shorter action length as are the 308 and the short mags. I don't know the answer for this. That takedown version Browning has sure looks like an appealing rifle though.

Ron.D
08-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks guys. I'm hoping that someone who owns one will join in. I know the Marlin requires an OAL of 2.55" but the short action BLR (Browning lever rifle) is chambered in .308 and 300 WSM which both have SAMMI OAL of 2.81" which would allow approx twice as much exposed lead out front and open up a whole list of boolit options. I.E. ones that don't have the B.C. of a soup can.
Heavy Lead, you're right and it comes in stainless too. Ron.