PDA

View Full Version : Trouble With Gun Broker

donald duck
12-20-2017, 02:35 PM
Not sure this is correct place to tell of my trouble with Gun Broker. I purchased a T/C barrel in .30 cal carbine and when it arrived I saw that a .30 Cal barrel had been sleeved inside some other drilled out T/C barrel. I did not want to keep it and seller agreed to refund my $231.88. I returned the barrel, forearm, and stock to him and he said I had damaged the stock. I only opened the package, wrapped it up and shipped back to him in same container. Have filed fraud case with GB but no response. filed fraud claim with USPS and FBI. No response. It looks as if I am out $231.88 and never had a problem with any dealings on GB before. Seller has not refunded my payment. This happened the end of May. Still waiting. Not very happy with GB.

Scorpion8
12-20-2017, 02:56 PM
GB is very slow at resolving issues. I hope you documented everything well with pictures as you opened the package, and as you wrapped the package. How long ago did you dispute the transaction?

dragon813gt
12-20-2017, 02:58 PM
Always pay w/ a credit card. The money will be credited immediately and they will fight w/ the vendor. Sorry to hear about the problems you're having.

DerekP Houston
12-20-2017, 05:03 PM
My only issue with gunbroker took 3 months to resolve, they are slow but will eventually take care of it in my experience.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-20-2017, 08:42 PM
Not sure this is correct place to tell of my trouble with Gun Broker.

...SNIP
I moved your thread to OUR TOWN

Mr Peabody
12-20-2017, 08:46 PM
Did you post feedback? I count a lot on people stating how their dealings went with other people.

MyFlatline
12-20-2017, 09:11 PM
I also had to wait about 3 months but they did come through..

bedbugbilly
12-20-2017, 09:47 PM
No personal experience wit GB - but let me get this right - he sells a sleeved barrel without disclosing it and he's worried about damage to a stock when it was probably shipped back in the original packing? Hopefully it will all work out for you and you'll get your refund - which you are entitled to. Good luck to you.

jonp
12-21-2017, 05:50 AM
Deleted my account with GB after a bad experience with them. Won't use them for anything ever again. The issue was never resolved for me.

Yours is a good lesson to everyone. Use a Credit Card for every purchase online.

jmort
12-21-2017, 08:49 AM
I have never had a problem. Have used Gun Broker many times. Not surprised that some have had problems. Nothing is perfect. I like it.

missionary5155
12-21-2017, 09:12 AM
Good morning
Cancelled our account 2 years ago when their system went bonkers and sent me a notice I had just bought a "buy now firearm" on my watch list that did not end for well over a week with no bidders For Only $1750.00.
Things are vastly different than what it was near 15 years ago.
Mike in Peru

Edward
12-21-2017, 09:14 AM
I have use G.B. many times (buy and sell) never had a problem .I"ve bought more and sold more with them and the only negative that I have had is I wish I still owned most of what I sold :cry:

donald duck
12-22-2017, 11:38 AM
Thanks to all of you for your comments. It has definitely been a learning experience!!

historicfirearms
12-24-2017, 10:21 AM
I once logged into my GB account from a public computer at an airport. They started sending me invoice notices for another person, saying I owed $75 in sellers fees. It wasn't my account they were billing me for and tried time and again to explain it to them but it fell on deaf ears. I refused to pay someone else's bill and GB sent it to collections, dinged my credit, and they closed my account. I would never buy anything on GB again.

Battis
12-24-2017, 10:41 AM
I listed an antique pistol once on GB, got a bid that met the reserve, the auction ended and then the "buyer" claimed he never bid. For some reason, he gave me a bad review, and GB posted it (they also charged me the seller's fees).
What the...
I contacted GB and explained it to them, and eventually (months) they dropped the bad review and the fees. Every other transaction has gone well since then (and before).
I kept the pistol.

Geezer in NH
12-24-2017, 05:57 PM
The problem is the seller and not GB. They GB, can do so much and that is it.

Thin Man
12-25-2017, 10:41 AM
I have made only a few purchases from GunBroker but never a problem so far. Perhaps it is my low "buy" count that has been good for me so far.

donald duck
01-04-2018, 07:22 PM
They finally contacted me by e=mail and said it was being reviewed, after over six months I would certainly think it was time. Will post how it turns out. The bad seller was from Rochester ,MN.

MyFlatline
01-04-2018, 07:32 PM
Best of luck

am44mag
01-05-2018, 04:28 AM
I once logged into my GB account from a public computer at an airport. They started sending me invoice notices for another person, saying I owed $75 in sellers fees. It wasn't my account they were billing me for and tried time and again to explain it to them but it fell on deaf ears. I refused to pay someone else's bill and GB sent it to collections, dinged my credit, and they closed my account. I would never buy anything on GB again.

I think you can dispute that with one of the agencies that decide your credit.

white eagle
01-05-2018, 10:47 AM
Like geezer said its the seller thats a piece of **** not Gun Broker
I have bought and sold there numerous times never a problem

donald duck
01-26-2018, 08:36 PM
I finally got an actual letter to fill out and sign from Gun Broker. Still haven't seen any money. Maybe by next Christmas!!

lefty o
01-26-2018, 08:39 PM
ive known a few people that have been bent over by gunbroker and never got any kind of acceptable closure. hopefully it works out for you.

donald duck
02-10-2018, 12:33 PM
Just last wek I received an e-mail from Gun Broker stating that I would receive a check in the next 7 to 10 days. Still holding my breath!! Never a call, nothing but email, guess that is how companies do business these days. I prefer the old days when a man's word was his honor!! WAITING. WILL LET YOU KNOW AFTER I CASH THE CHECK!!

Elkins45
02-12-2018, 07:21 AM
I prefer the old days when a man's word was his honor!!

I don't think you could buy stuff over the internet back then, whenever that was.

donald duck
02-12-2018, 07:20 PM
Today is Feb. 12, 2018 and I have $131.88 Cash in my hand from Gun Broker. I am out $100.00 from the crook in Rochester, MN I returned the merchandise and he had said he would refund my $231.88. He said I damaged the merchandise, a big dishonest statement, and kept all my payment. Gun Broker took around nine months to act. This is unacceptable. I may sell something on GB, but will never purchase another item through them. Thanks to all of you who commented!! Don Worley

MaryB
02-12-2018, 09:55 PM
We have forum members near there... maybe one can pay a visit for you... I would but that is a 300 mile round trip...

root
02-16-2018, 06:56 PM
WOW!
No problems here with GB either.

Like others said that'sthe seller not GB.
Stick to the known sellers with great feedback

I like the items Bowman sells and just had a order from him show up yesterday.
Paid with a money order and they must have had it ready to go as it showed up the same week from Fla to Pa.

Sure hope it doesn't take 3 months for you to get resolved.....
YIKES!

Rich

JBinMN
02-17-2018, 08:33 AM
We have forum members near there... maybe one can pay a visit for you... I would but that is a 300 mile round trip...

45 miles for me, one way. If nothing else, I would like to know the name.

Smoke4320
02-17-2018, 08:35 AM
Be Careful of naming in public

Send pms instead

georgerkahn
02-17-2018, 08:49 AM
To my thought, it's not GunBroker -- just the person exploiting them -- as well as robbing from you. Some years back my older son sold a guitar on eBay, and buyer demanded his money back due to his claim of guitar being mis-represented. We returned the money... and guess what? The guitar returned to us was the same make and model, but definitely NOT the instrument we sold. (In addition to many cosmetic breaks, the connector plate on guitar son had and sold was gold aluminum; the one "returned" -- in addition to not functioning -- had a silver plate). Bottom line? That was a four hundred plus dollar education :(. We did not include photo of serial number, etc. in listed description. Auction folks said it was OUR fault. I feel badly for you, and hope you get resolution vis your barrel, etc., but -- again -- to my way of thinking there's not a lawn in the world which doesn't have some weeds. Kind of like a reverse lottery...perhaps your seller was one of those (albeit few) weeds.
BEST!
geo

GEOMETRIC
02-17-2018, 09:12 AM
I stopped dealing with GB about 2 years ago & will never deal with them again. I don't have time for their games like listing a starting bid far below the seller's bottom line. I guess that is legal but I legally don't have to deal with them. I have a simple policy, I support people that treat me right & don't deal with the rest.

vrh
02-17-2018, 12:01 PM
Tried to join Gunbroker. Typed in the required credit card info. They charged and received $1 for this from my account. then I tried to log on after Gunbroker sent a msg stating that everything is good to go. Couldn't log on because now they want a bank checking account number since my credit card (Visa) has a chip in it. No way in hell that I am putting my checking account number out there on the computer. Midway and amazon have no problems with my credit card. By the way Pay Pal is the same way as Gunbroker.

chris112
02-22-2018, 07:59 AM
Tried to join Gunbroker. Typed in the required credit card info. They charged and received $1 for this from my account. then I tried to log on after Gunbroker sent a msg stating that everything is good to go. Couldn't log on because now they want a bank checking account number since my credit card (Visa) has a chip in it. No way in hell that I am putting my checking account number out there on the computer. Midway and amazon have no problems with my credit card. By the way Pay Pal is the same way as Gunbroker.

Definitely agree on that. NEVER give someone you don't know your checking account info. If they insist and you have to do business with them open a small savings account and give them that information. They probably won't know the difference and you can just transfer the extra money in as needed. Learned that because of a certain home medical equipment supplier.

abunaitoo
02-23-2018, 03:50 AM
gun broker used to be good a long time ago.
I stopped using them when they changed owners.

sparky45
02-23-2018, 11:59 AM
Kinda glad lots of fellows aren't using GB any longer; gives me a better chance of buy.:bigsmyl2: