PDA

View Full Version : Yes- Bismuth SHot at home

Littleton Shot Maker
12-17-2017, 07:59 PM
YES, with the shot maker and temp control and maybe a longer ramp you can make shot from Bismuth and %5 tin alloy-

Just took this call again- 3 times one week

At the correct temp Bi/Tn is treated and worked just like it was lead- just a lower melt point and NON tox for those shooting water foul.

With the right length ramp and Custom dripper .177 and .20 was achieved.NOT all perfectly round as Bi does not round out like lead but the Tin helps a ton.
Volume made: VERY SLOW. maybe 8 -10 pounds per hour??
VERY LOW PRODUCTION RATE.
#6--#9 run just fine standard ramp and drippers, and almost same rate as lead.

too many things
12-17-2017, 08:25 PM
well i guess i will have to ask this. i am not being a SA but. this would mean you have to reload. any place i have been. if you cant prove the load is non tox. its a fine. that is why most of the water foul guys dont use reloads. Its your dime to prove they are non tox. This can cost you a lot and you dont get it back.
again this only info i do know. reloads if you are checked will be a problem
rick in WV

Littleton Shot Maker
12-17-2017, 08:40 PM
This is a whole other problem-

Game officers should carry with them a HOT SHOT tester- other wise they are just guessing >>>> enforcement with out true proof is just guessing.

Where is the proof it is not BI or Tungsten or other " reload". one can even reload steel if you want but for that they have a "magnet" very scientific ?? not…

They are not EXPERTs on law in most cases, nor do most of them KNOW **** about alloys -some do , some just got out of school last week , last year etc… I have met a couple Game Warden/ officers around that don;t even hunt?? What the?? I say ...

BUT I do see and hear what you are saying-

I will be buying my own HOT SHOT , and school any Game officer that come around-- KNOWLEDGE IS POWER….
If you have to CUT open some shells, give him your info and have him get back to you when he runs some test to PROVE his guess???

they can not enforce a rule with out the TOOLS to do it- or the smarts to see that folks do and will reload their own. EVEN non-tox can be reloads they have to be at least that smart ???

GEOMETRIC
12-29-2017, 02:23 PM
Interesting, You have the right to a jury trial if charged with a violation & the burden of proof in our judicial system is always on the accuser. I see a whole lot of squirming going on if they are taken to court. First, they have to have evidence which would be one of your shells they have confiscated, then they have to prove it is lead or a non approved non toxic. Most non toxic shot has enough steel in it that it will be attracted by a magnet. You are required to shoot a federally approved non-toxic shot. There is no requirement that it must be steel.

Geezer in NH
12-29-2017, 08:29 PM
All the rights have to be followed by the fish and game cops. They belong to .GOV.

Cut them no break as they will not cut you one.

The more they loose cases and have to repay folks for their ignorance the better.

As a former sworn officer for real crime I do not give any slack to any other officer for being uneducated or dumb, their dept choice or theirs.

EMC45
12-29-2017, 09:36 PM
All the rights have to be followed by the fish and game cops. They belong to .GOV.

Cut them no break as they will not cut you one.

The more they loose cases and have to repay folks for their ignorance the better.

As a former sworn officer for real crime I do not give any slack to any other officer for being uneducated or dumb, their dept choice or theirs.

Very wise words and true!

richhodg66
12-30-2017, 09:11 PM
What is a hot shot tester?

GEOMETRIC
12-31-2017, 12:49 AM
I am not sure what he is referring to but a Hot Shot is a lead-acid battery tester. There is at least one device that will tell them the composition of the shot in a shotgun shell. I also think there is a tester that will tell them if there is any lead in a shotgun shell. I asked our game dept. about reloaded non-toxic shot once. I was told, "give the game warden all the help you can", like carry the original container the non toxic shot you reloaded with you so you can show it to the warden. Anything that will help the warden tell what you are shooting. These new devices make it easy, if they have them. Most game wardens are just doing their job but there is always that jerk out there that wants to make your life miserable.