PDA

View Full Version : How much does GOD love us ?

Boaz
12-17-2017, 11:09 AM
I slept till 6 this morning , it's kind of a odd experience for me as I usually get up at 4 . I have just been sitting here at the table drinking coffee . Been thinking about Christmas , reading some verse and somehow started thinking about GOD's love .

We have been told GOD loves us most all our lives and we accept it but do we truly understand the depth of that love ? I think we take his love for granted many times as we do with all he gives . We as humans and sinners would not be able to maintain ourselves but for his intervention , this world , this planet spinning in space with all it's delicate systems in place to maintain life . The beginning of Genesis tells how GOD created this world , day and night , he hung the stars , he created dry land and he created life . And he saw that it was good , then he created us . He wanted to have a relationship with us unlike with the beasts of the fields , the birds of the air or anything else in his creation . On the sixth day after it was prepared he created us .

Genesis 1;26-31

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
29 And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food. 30 Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food”; and it was so. 31 Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

He created a world then he created us then gave us dominion over it . He gave us everything . How much love did that take ?

Of coarse we failed but he sill loved us . There is much verse in our bible telling us that he still loves us , GOD's love is a divine love beyond what we are capable of understanding in our condition .

Jeremiah 31;3

The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying:
“Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love .

Jeremiah 29;11

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

John 3;16

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Just a few verses , there are many more in GOD's word left to us . Hope everyone has a great Sunday and coming week knowing he loves us and is always there .

Preacher Jim
12-17-2017, 11:45 AM
Boaz I contemplated your question and in truth it is far more than man can understand or reason out in this feeble mind.

Boaz
12-17-2017, 01:18 PM
Boaz I contemplated your question and in truth it is far more than man can understand or reason out in this feeble mind.

Jim I completely agree . In our present condition there is so much beyond our ability to comprehend . Moses asked GOD who he was that he might be able to tell the Israelites who had sent him to them . GOD replied ;

Exodus 3;13-14 ;
Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?”
14 And God said to Moses, “I AM THAT I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

We believe GOD to be omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient , all seeing , all powerful , all knowing and his presence everywhere .

A question that we have all thought about is ..where did GOD come from ? In our limited understanding we seek a cause and effect answer . He didn't 'come' from anywhere. He has always existed. It is hard for us to understand.

Deuteronomy 29;29

The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.

We have all wondered what GOD looks like well we are told in Genesis 1;26;

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth .

We are not meant to understand except what we have been given . We are not capable of understanding in this our condition but GOD gave us his word John 1;1;

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.

God has given us his word , it can not be taken away from us . It is our guide , it tells us all we need to know . As for all we do not comprehend we are offered faith . For the simple act of faith we are offered salvation , eternal life with our GOD that loves us so deeply .

koehn,jim
12-17-2017, 01:23 PM
If God did not truly love us he would not have sent his son to die for our sins. He will also give us far more chances to repent for miss-deeds than some of us deserve.

Thundarstick
12-17-2017, 02:42 PM
I understand more about the love of God now that I have grown children and grand children.

Preacher Jim
12-23-2017, 01:35 PM
This Christmas season showes us how much God loves us.
He came down here to explain what we could do to be part of his family
Read John 3: 15-18 he came to free us from the judgement an curse of sin we are under.

Dieselhorses
12-23-2017, 02:47 PM
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isa 55:8-9)

I'm sure that after Eve ate from the tree of life in the Garden of Eden all mankind was separated from God's persona or should I say "intellect". That being said, no we cannot comprehend His love.