PDA

View Full Version : This years Christmas for dad. Ho Ho Ho

flashhole
12-15-2017, 06:33 PM
For every gift occasion, Father's Day, Birthday, Christmas etc. for lots of years I have asked for something for the reloading bench. In fact, I keep a running list of stuff I'm interested in so family doesn't have to guess what I want. Prices range from $5 to $500.

I know for a fact Santa is bringing me some stuff I've wanted for awhile (thanks wifey) but the gating item was previously not available. Midway had in stock a 221 Fireball die used with the Lee Quick Trim so I requested the die, the Value Quick Trim, the Quick Trim Power Adapter and a Black & Decker in-line cordless drill/screwdriver and a couple other caliber-specific dies. The 221 Fireball die was the green light item for the purchase. The B&D BD600 is an in-line driver that works co-axial to the cutter (no 90 degree handle). The Value Trimmer does not deburr and chamfer like the Deluxe version giving me an excuse to buy a motorized deburring tool. I have a strategy.

It's all here and will be under the tree once it is set up and decorated.

My other desired gift was a piece of 6" x 12" x 3/8" steel plate for a press stand. What can I say, I have simple desires.

David2011
12-17-2017, 03:38 AM
Awesome! I have a bunch of 6x12x1/2" steel plates (excessive for most applications), all with identical mounting hole patterns. There are threaded brass inserts in the bench top to match in 3 positions. I can mix and match my reloading tools to suit whatever I'm loading at the moment. There are also some 1/2" aircraft ply plates of the same size for lower stress tools like powder measures. All are interchangeable and add a nice level of flexibility to my bench.