PDA

View Full Version : HTC358-154-RF-BW5 Load data help

Time Killer
12-14-2017, 10:46 PM
HTC358-154-RF-BW5 This is a NOE powder coat bullet BH of around 14. I wanted a load that i could use in my 38 pistol and also my Henry rifle. I have some Universal powder on hand and tried 4.4, 4.7 and 4.9 grains today out of the rifle. Groups larger than a paper plate white all three at 50 yards. This load runs into plus P data in my manuals and over the load data in some of my manuals. No signs of pressure were observed. Looking for advise before i go to using 357 brass to continue working on the load. The only other powder i have that is listed in my manuals is red dot. I have not tried that powder yet. Universal has been my go to pistol powder for a while as i was able to buy it in bulk on sale and it shoots great in my 45 and my 9mm. Just got the Henry rifle as a birth day present and was hoping to find a load that would work in both. I am planning on working up a load for the rifle in 357 brass with the HTC359-173-WFN NOE bullet for a hunting load. Having to wait on this load development until after Christmas as i need to order some powder. Any help would be much appreciated.

Gun shoots 1 to 1.5 inch groups with 158 gain hollow point j wards at this distance and would do better with a steadier rest, so i know the gun can do it i just have to find the right combination.