PDA

View Full Version : Hogue Wood on 480 SRH

Rug480
12-13-2017, 09:51 AM
So I finally received some wood for my 480 Super Redhawk. Just posting to add a data point for others making the same consideration.

Formerly had the Hogue Tamer but I just didn't dig the rubber and loathe finger grooves. Very functional but just didn't do it for me.

Received these Pau Ferro yesterday from Amazon.
They're beautiful but lighter than what I thought it would be and yes as others have mentioned gaps behind the trigger guard and top of frame behind the hammer (doesn't bother me in the least). Laterally its actually quite snug. Installation was easy, solidly seated into the frame. I can now get a much tighter, higher grip on my SRH. No problem with trigger reach either, I have medium size hands (RH pointer 2 3/4", middle to wrist 7 3/8") and have no problem.

Bookworm
12-14-2017, 07:27 AM
I like those grips, particularly the "coke bottle" profile.

However, when I go to Amazon, search "Pau Ferro super Redhawk" it comes back with finger-groove grips.

Would you please provide a link ?

Rug480
12-14-2017, 11:17 AM
Sorry brother, I got the last one. The vendor was optics planet, I called before ordering only to find out they had just the one so I jumped on it.

Midway now has them in stock for the same price

osteodoc08
12-14-2017, 09:49 PM
Nice looking grips.

Off subject, how is the target grey holding up

Rug480
12-15-2017, 09:27 PM
Well I traded for her earlier this year and have only done some dry fire practice but she is a 2001 model so still looking good after almost 17 years

I love the look of the target grey, something about the SRH in stainless doesn’t do it for me.