PDA

View Full Version : Virginia guys

Tenbender
12-06-2017, 12:44 AM
I'm looking for a section to hunt hogs in Virginia. Any input on hunting ?

Arisaka99
12-06-2017, 09:54 AM
I've heard of hogs on Hog Island WMA in the swamp (Back Bay IIRC) but I think thus far, we have been lucky to avoid the hog plight. I also think there are some ranches you can hunt on.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

Wayne Smith
12-06-2017, 06:04 PM
Hog hunting on the barrier island is by lottery and not a lot of success reported. Mostly in NC at this point in history.

Hi, Chris. Good to see you back.

6pt-sika
12-06-2017, 11:40 PM
They have or had a problem with feral piggies in Culpeper county. You might inquire with the game warden or someone there . I have a friend that pursues them on one guys place in Culpeper and all that he's done in were done at night with thermal optics and suppressors . So if you can find someone who will let you hunt you may need to be prepared to do the night time thing .

Bulldogger
12-07-2017, 09:02 AM
They have or had a problem with feral piggies in Culpeper county. You might inquire with the game warden or someone there . I have a friend that pursues them on one guys place in Culpeper and all that he's done in were done at night with thermal optics and suppressors . So if you can find someone who will let you hunt you may need to be prepared to do the night time thing .

+1, I have a former colleague with a hunting rental on a big parcel of farmland in Culpeper and he reports significant damage by hogs in the county. Messes up his whitetail hunting now and again. Hogs can be rude :-)

Bulldogger