PDA

View Full Version : Some finds at a Weekend Auction

RGrosz
12-04-2017, 12:56 PM
This weekend I attended an auction not far from where I live. The sale bill had a benchrest listed along with some fishing gear. Couldn't figure out what the bench fest was, so I went to take a look. While looking over the stuff, I saw a lot of ammo and some other stiff I was interested in. Stuck around to see the stuff sell. Picked up a box full of various sized shot shotgun shells, mostly the stuff that didn't sell in the choice lots that the auctioneer broke the ammo up into/ Got the leftovers for about $30. Then she moved on to some other things. After a while she came to a box that had 2 Lee shotgun loaders in it. One was a 20 gauge in the sealed box and the other was a 16 that was all there except maybe the storage box that holds the powder and shot bushings. The bushings were all there and about 2/3 of a bag of shot and most of a bag of wads. Anyway I won the bid on that for $5. BTW I got the portable benchrest for $40 too. It had never been set up. All in all scored good this weekend.
Rob

DerekP Houston
12-04-2017, 06:07 PM
Sounds like a good time at the auction. I've not been brave enough to go shopping myself, I usually get caught up in the bidding wars and would've done better staying home.

Jr.
12-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Any pictures of the goodies, sounds like you got some good finds.

country gent
12-04-2017, 09:48 PM
When I go to an auction there is always 10 others interested in what I'm looking at, not a good combination for an auction and good deals LOL. Better is 1 or 2 interested only. I go to auctions when I can and sometimes get deals. Same with gun shows. Sounds like you did good though.

lightman
12-05-2017, 09:46 AM
It sounds like you had a good weekend! I usually don't do so good at auctions but I have gotten some good deals at gun shows.

RGrosz
12-05-2017, 10:39 AM
Will try to take some pictures and try to post them next weekend, if I can figure out how yo post them.
I try to have a dollor amount in mind before I start, but once in a while I go to high.
Rob

RGrosz
12-11-2017, 10:54 AM
Took some pictures over the weekend. Am trying to post them . We'll see how it goes.
Rob
I think it worked

RogerDat
12-11-2017, 01:20 PM
Yes it did work, good deal on those load-all's and 1/2 bag of shot and wads alone is enough to pretty much cover your expense.

Jal5
12-12-2017, 12:37 AM
Nice find indeed