PDA

View Full Version : Lord's Prayer

rl69
12-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Mattew 6:9-13
This is the way the lord has taught us to pray.

I would add this is the way we should live first giving glory to God. Then seeing to our needs, seeking forgiveness, and giving the same grace to others as we have received. Then at the close of the day honoring the one who first loved us. Somuch so he sacrificed his son for the forgiveness of our sins

Boaz
12-03-2017, 10:16 PM
Thank you Ronnie . As my day draws to a close you have given me direction and thought .

claude
12-03-2017, 10:36 PM
This is the way the lord has taught us to pray.

You are correct in that He indeed taught us to pray in that manner, however it is not the Lord's prayer, the Lord's prayer, the prayer He prayed for us, is contained in John 17, the preamble is in John 16, the conclusion in John 18.

claude

GhostHawk
12-03-2017, 10:38 PM
This is one of 3 foundation stones of my faith.

When I am troubled, doubting, angry, upset, whatever.

If I remember to take the time to say it to myself. I am restored.

I am calm, clear, in control, not upset, not angry, in tune with my Lord. Working hard to love, and understand, and forgive as he would.

This just WORKS for me. YMMV.

The other 2 are the 23 psalm and the Apostles Creed.

rl69
12-03-2017, 10:53 PM
:)
I was woundering about you. Haven't seen you post in a while

claude
12-03-2017, 11:30 PM
Thanks Ronnie.

You know Ronnie, I had a friend who had a pet coon, and the coon really shined most of the time, but give him a sugar cube, and before he ate it, he would wash it, roll it around in his dish until it was gone and then wonder what happened.
This place reminds me of that coon quite often, and the sugar cube can be likened to a nugget of truth, rather than just taking it and savoring it, people like to maul it around until it fits their little notion of what is truth, and pretty soon, it's gone.

GhostHawk
12-04-2017, 07:28 AM
RL if you were talking to me sir, I had a week where the wife was sick with the flu, missed 4 days of work. Followed by a week where I was sick with the flu. Did not say much.

Both healing up fine now. But when you are down with the crud its hard to have a positive uplifting attitude.

buckwheatpaul
12-04-2017, 07:31 AM
Ronnie, This is the way I was taught to pray as well. I appreciate the simplicity of the prayer and it is simple yet complete and heart felt. Paul

USMC87
12-04-2017, 07:50 AM
Thank you for posting this it gave me peace this morning.

rl69
12-04-2017, 07:55 AM
The truth is Claude he didn't loose his sugar cube he injoyed every time he took a drink.
Sometimes you give man to much credit there is no way I or anyone can water down the word of God. He is the one that places it in men's hearts. We don't achieve understanding threw or intellect but threw the spirit working in us.

God used the jealousy of Joshua brothers to build a great nation. What they meant for evil God used for good.

rl69
12-04-2017, 07:57 AM
RL if you were talking to me sir, I had a week where the wife was sick with the flu, missed 4 days of work. Followed by a week where I was sick with the flu. Did not say much.

Both healing up fine now. But when you are down with the crud its hard to have a positive uplifting attitude.

I was talking to Claude. I'm sorry to hear you have been sick I haven't been up to par my self.