PDA

View Full Version : looking for long action rem 700 scope mount that'll help swap scopes

zymguy
12-02-2017, 01:36 AM
Now that hunting season is over I would like to put a larger more target specific scope on my 280 to shoot at the 200 yard bench at my local gun range for the suer at the end of summer I want to put my more appropriate hunting scoe back on I don't need quick release but I would like to go back-and-forth without completely remounting my scopes.what mount. and rings have you had luck with

skeettx
12-02-2017, 08:01 AM
Weaver base and two sets of rings

or

Redfield base with back base with windage adjustment and two sets of rings.

Mike

mcdaniel.mac
12-02-2017, 09:11 AM
EGW base and Warne QD rings. Spend a little more up front and you'll spend less time re-zeroing. Use a paint pen to make witness marks for repeatable attachment to boot, as your target scope will likely require a different cheek weld.

lucifers
12-02-2017, 11:09 AM
Go with the Weavers and a Bushnell fixed 10X mil dot. Inexpensive excellent solution.

country gent
12-02-2017, 12:50 PM
Use a one piece bridge mount and rings for each scope. tip off or quick detachable rings work well. set Scopes up so the ring screws are in the same notches. Makes it easier to repeat. You can normally change scopes with little to no loss of zero this way. If you mark the slots used with paint then you always know where to put the rings also. Or mark rings and rail slots with same color for each scope if they don't use the same slots. I liked the leapould quick detachable rings for this. I made my rails for rifles as needed. ( normally with 20 mins elevation built into them). Once set up never remove the rail and scopes are zeroed on and off

Texas by God
12-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Genuine Weaver bases and genuine Weaver rings. Not hip or trendy but Rock Solid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

vzerone
12-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Ten four on Weaver bases and rings. I prefer the Burris and Nikon scopes.

MarkW
12-09-2017, 11:44 AM
I have done something similar except mine is a 700 short action. I used a picatinny rail mount for mine as the length difference in the scopes works out better with them using different points to mount on. At this point in time, if I had to set up another gun I'd do it the same way.

CJR
12-16-2017, 05:27 PM
Zymguy,

I converted all but one of my rifles to steel four(4) mounting screw Picatinny rails(Ken Farrell) w/steel TPS rings. They stiffen-up the bolt actions 3-times more than aluminium Picatinny rails. On a 760 rifle, with steel receiver, I mounted an aluminium EGW Picatinny rail w/ steel TPS rings. If I want to develop an accurate load, I can quickly put a higher power scope on that rifle for the range. Or anytime a scope dies, I can change to another scope quickly. I'm sold on Picatinny rails and I'm never looking back.

Best regards,

CJR