PDA

View Full Version : test

rl69
11-26-2017, 07:27 PM
I can say that I have been tested and that when I was honest with myself about my reactions to the tests, I failed. It was a great let down for me when I realized it. All the time I knew He had it, but for some reason I thought I needed to see it or hear it with my ears instead of my heart. It's a hard pill to swallow.

rl69
11-26-2017, 07:43 PM
Every day I text a bible verse. Sometimes I add my thoughts. To day I texted 1 kings 17:11-13 the story of Elijah and the widow. I commented on her faith, and would any of us would give our last meal to a stranger. The above post is the response I got from one of my friends. It hit home and wanted to share.

We all fail we fail,I would say more often then we succeed. The bible is full of failure. The key is in recognizing the test and praising God for it. Also learning from your failure and growing from it.

Often we are tested and we never see it. Often we or tested and fail, and never learn from it. The good news is God never forsakes, us he will never leave us,he will always love us.

rl69
11-26-2017, 07:44 PM
Sorry about the split post. It's the only way I could get the text off my phone to the forum

rl69
11-26-2017, 07:45 PM
Almost looks like one of boaz posts :)

Boaz
11-26-2017, 08:36 PM
I resemble that remark !

Ronnie I get your verse by text daily . About 6 am give or take my phone buzzes . I know it's you , you are faithful every day to text a verse . You are steadfast in posting daily in the Chapel a thought/lesson . You are always there . In the process I take you for granted but at the same time know and understand you are trying . Sometime I don't look at the verse you send right then ..I save it to read later . I value it 'use' it later in the day . I depend on you .

Do we fail ? Heck yea . Virtually everything I put up is my failure , Failure is learning , failure brings understanding if your trying . Admission of failure shows growth . The book of James (my favorite book) tells how not to fail , James tells you what to do when you have . At times we are tested and fail but GOD in his infinite mercy still loves us if we are repentant . GOD will strengthen through failure though it is hard on us . Pride and self-worth take a hit but understanding and faith are increased .

rl69
11-26-2017, 08:45 PM
I could never repay you for all you have given me. love you brother

Heck just knowing your reading a text message brings a smile to my face :)

Boaz
11-26-2017, 09:06 PM
Your a hard man Ronnie !

LOL ! I love you brother .

Wayne Smith
11-27-2017, 08:41 AM
I recently heard a pastor retell the story of Jesus and the disciples after he fed the 3000. It is nightfall and he sends them across the lake. Now these are professional fishermen, they have literally spent hundreds of nights on this lake because that is when they fish. It was a major industry at the time. They knew this lake very well.

A storm comes up and they are terrified - these professional fishermen. That means it was not a minor blow, it was a serious storm that threatened their lives. Jesus casually walks across the water to meet them on the other side and was going to walk past when he saw their situation and fear. They were afraid he was a ghost as he casually walks over to them and the storm abates.

Mark tells us that they failed to understand the feeding of the 3000 - who Jesus was, what He was capable of, and even after this experience did not understand.

When Jesus sent them across the lake did He not know the storm was coming? His grace sent them into it so they could learn to trust Him. His grace is sometimes hard and we frequently fail.

Pine Baron
11-27-2017, 07:30 PM
Almost looks like one of boaz posts :)

That literally made me LOL.