PDA

View Full Version : I scored a new production unicorn gun!

Mytmousemalibu
11-26-2017, 03:11 AM
I have long awaited this since I caught wind of it more than a year ago...! I have wanted one badly since that moment.... It was the talk of the town, the "it" item this past Shot Show almost a year ago.... It's probably the most innovative/unique pistol design to come to fruition in ages....

Ladies & Gents, the long awaited, much anticipated Hudson H9 (generic photo)

I'm almost beside myself that I got my hands on one! So far only one production run has occurred with 2000 examples made so with high demand, that spreads them pretty thin over the whole US! My friends can back up my claim of clamoring about getting one for some time. I put the bug in the ears of a number of my friends/FFL holders about trying to get one as I knew it would be a major task at best. Well low and behold, my USPSA club's home range just so happened to get 2 of the H9's sent in rather unexpectedly. Probably the only 2 in the state! Yesterday was our normal Friday night club match which was on black friday no less. The place was swamped too! I'm on good terms with the owners there and in passing I mentioned to them thet I heard the H9's were finally shipping and If they got one or can order one, count me in. He said we have 2 right now but they have been claimed and only 2000 were produced so far. I was defeated! But, he said, one is paid for already, the other was just a verbal intent to buy. The guy has until close of business to come pay for it. (we shoot till 9pm) So 8pm rolls around and he hadn't shown up, money talks and BS walks! I appreciate his tardiness and feel genuinely lucky that things panned out the way they did. Not many people have one of these pistols. The release of these guns was supposed to be many months ago but I found out that the owners of Hudson ran into a big debacle with the manufacture they were having build their design. They were given a quote of ------- amount to build them which they paid and later on the manufacture said they needed more money after the fact. Well it turned into a big court case and litigation and this all pushed the release till here a week or two ago. They finally made it happen but who knows, maybe the 2000 produced will be the only ones made? Hard to say.

My 1st impressions of the gun are of utter satisfaction and astonishment! The claims of the design are all true in my initial impression, it's a fantastic gun! The proprietors of the brand, a retired military husband & wife had a really neat story of how this gun came to be. They were both former collegiate bullseye shooters that had a love for the 1911. Neither wanted to be lifetime military and they wanted something else to forge on with and they chose to design firearms. They wanted a gun that had the best of the attributes of the 1911 but without some of the less desirable features but it had to be unique and innovative. They roughed out where they wanted to start on paper (here's a really cool part of this story) and they went to the 1st engineering team that had zero firearms related experience so that no previous notions of where things/features of a gun should be. Once that phase of design was completed, test guns made, etc, they took the initial design to firearms engineers to fine tune the design into the very unique gun you see above! That is the short of it but I highly recommend anyone with interest to check out the video links to the Hudson story below. Really neat stuff!

The Details:
The gun is entirely made from forged steel. No polymer on this baby! It's chambered in 9x19, double stack, striker fired, and single action. It has a unique look due to the designed in, super low bore axis. It is certainly the lowest riding pistol I've ever held! The low riding bore made it a necessity to relocate the recoil spring and guide rod into the space in front of the trigger guard, giving it a unique look. It uses a Browning short recoil action but the camming surfaces are quite a bit different than anything else and much farther forward than other designs. They wanted the H9 to be a striker fired gun but with the feel of a crisp, light, straight back pull of a 1911 trigger. They executed this aspect very well! It does have a 2-piece drop safe type trigger with a bottom hinged trigger shoe that slightly presses into the trigger body to a linear, straight back pull to a light, crisp break and a very short, discernible reset. It features very svelte design and feel, super smooth & slick action, fine checkering on the front/rear strap, nice high beavertail, slender VZ G10 grips, and while it is an all steel gun, it doesn't feel too heavy in the hands. It has a wonderful balance and weight distribution that feels amazing. It is a double stack gun but it feels no bigger than a standard 1911 but with a better shape to the grip frame. It has a nice black, serrated rear U-notch sight and a Trijicon tritium front blade. The firing impulse is very subdued and flat, transferring most of the energy straight back with minimal vertical deviation. We were able to but the entire magazine into about a golfball size group at 10yds, offhand without any trouble. All in all, it's everything I've hoped for and more! So glad and fortunate to get one!

The whole story! Worthwhile stuff!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1LNq1x7-5E

35remington
11-26-2017, 03:50 AM
I generally put my satisfaction and astonishment about any gun on hold until the gun has enough rounds through it to make it reasonable to conclude it is reliable. My commentary derives from the sole review I have seen wherein the user noted some functioning problems.

We shall see. I will have to take the reliability and shoot ability comments on faith as I am unlikely to shoot one myself anytime soon. Pardon the commentary please, as I am skeptical and not much of a beta tester by nature.

Mytmousemalibu
11-26-2017, 04:31 AM
That is understandable, no knock against that. For me, this gun won't be a carry piece or defensive gun, at least as I see it now. It is purely for the enjoyment of shooting and admiring it as a piece in my collection. Thus far though it has performed 100%, nothing to note of in the way of dislikes. My excitement is primarily that it delivers what the design is supposed to, it feels excellent and shoots wonderfully!

Lloyd Smale
11-26-2017, 07:27 AM
looks cool. Personaly though id be a bit leary to buy something that might not even have a company behind it in couple months. it does have some very good attributes though.

Randy Bohannon
11-26-2017, 07:58 AM
I was hoping to see a new Colt SAA in 44-40 and 7.5" barrel. We all dream differently.

dragon813gt
11-26-2017, 08:02 AM
Call me underwhelmed.

shooting on a shoestring
11-26-2017, 10:01 AM
Never heard of this gun. Sounds like it has lots going for it.
How about the barrel, what twist? What kind of rifling? How’s it throated?

reddog81
11-26-2017, 11:52 AM
It sounds like you're satisfied so that is great.

Personally I find all their marketing to be suspect. 1911 inspired design... you could tell me it has a Glock inspired design and I'd be more likely to believe you. I find it odd how they talk about using engineers that aren't gun people, but when listing the features of the gun they use all the popular pistol buzz words - low bore axis, browning short recoil action, VZ grips, etc.

It could be the best gun ever but their marketing totally turns me off. The magazine release looks like a 1911 from one side, the style of the grip screws could pass for 1911, and the trigger looks like a Glock and 1911 hybrid. Other than that I don't see it.

Uncle R.
11-26-2017, 12:09 PM
Congratulations on your new pistol. It's easy to see that you're excited to have it and happy with its performance so far. I've never heard of the Hudson H9. Being striker fired, it probably wouldn't be my first choice for a range gun, but that doesn't matter because it's your gun.

One of the best things about this board is that we get to learn from and share the experiences of the members here. I'm learning again today, and I hope to learn more about this pistol. May you enjoy it for a long time and shoot it well, and please keep us informed as your experience with it increases.

Uncle R.

vzerone
11-26-2017, 12:47 PM
Haven't you ever held a HK P7? It has a just as low bore centerline.

Artful
11-26-2017, 01:51 PM
Glad you found your unicorn! Keep us informed how it's doing.

Mytmousemalibu
11-26-2017, 04:00 PM
Haven't you ever held a HK P7? It has a just as low bore centerline.

I haven't, it's a gun id love to try out but due to rarity and cost, I doubt it unless I sought one out.

Mytmousemalibu
11-26-2017, 04:08 PM
I'm very satisfied with the H9, and true, that's what counts. Different strokes for different folks right? The guys I shoot with a tough critics to please, most shoot very expensive 2011's, Tanfoglio's, CZ's etc, etc. The guys that have handled it and shot it were impressed which is no small feat. I m not trying to sell them to you all by any means, just happy on my end of the interweb over here and thought I'd share the story. Its not that well known of a firearm yet. Tough crowd over here I guess!

FergusonTO35
11-26-2017, 09:17 PM
If it makes you happy, that is all that matters. I dropped $1030.00 on an NIB Browning Hi-Power earlier this year when I could have gotten a nice used one for half that. Why? Because I have wanted one since I was a little kid and knowing I am the first owner of that particular 2016 production pistol makes it that much sweeter.

Mytmousemalibu
11-26-2017, 11:37 PM
If it makes you happy, that is all that matters. I dropped $1030.00 on an NIB Browning Hi-Power earlier this year when I could have gotten a nice used one for half that. Why? Because I have wanted one since I was a little kid and knowing I am the first owner of that particular 2016 production pistol makes it that much sweeter.

Sounds about right to me! I can sympathize with your experience, it makes you warm and fuzzy inside!

35remington
11-27-2017, 01:04 PM
Well, yeah, we are a tough crowd. But consider the fact it is likely "soft shooting" in large part because it is substantially heavier than a plastic pistol, costs a lot more than a plastic pistol, and has a big bulky blob on the front end that makes it as bulky and heavier than a plastic pistol with a light. This blob also precludes mounting a light without making it look double pregnant.

The super innovative hype and odd design has downsides. A number of additional reviews I have read (happy to provide links) do not glow with praise as much as the ad copy does.

Reality often lands with a thud.

Drm50
11-27-2017, 01:52 PM
I don't understand what niche this pistol fills? Seems like it's to big for CCW, to heavy for LEOs
Military is past steel pistols for expense reasons if nothing else, it would have to go aways for
target. I guess it's about like having a custom gun built, if it makes you happy that's all that
counts.

flint45
11-27-2017, 02:01 PM
Sorry bro it's just to ugly.But to each his own.I remember a old hippie in Montana that made art from cow pies he sold em to kept him in beans and bacon.

osteodoc08
11-27-2017, 02:18 PM
Happy you found your unicorn. Everyone dreams differently and I surely won't pass judgement. Give us a range review once you've had a chance to review it more

lefty o
11-27-2017, 02:20 PM
im all for having what you want, but i try to temper that with is there going to be parts and magazines available for it down the road. tons of gun companies have been started and no longer exist.

TenTea
11-27-2017, 02:21 PM
New ideas - innovation - research and development - testing and evaluation - production - marketing - capitalism - choice

These things MAGA!

Enjoy your pistol and carry on with all your good works!

Mytmousemalibu
11-27-2017, 03:33 PM
I would agree that adding a light would not be optimal in its current configuration with exception to a slim light like a Surefire XC-1. The gun is not as heavy as it looks, its not as big as it looks either. Very approximate to a commander size 1911 or Glock 19 size but thinner and thinness is an important dimension in carry consideration. The gun is a fair bit smaller than it appears and is more comfortable than it appears. I did give it a try in a soft universal holster just for grins and its not bad. I'd carry the H9 before I'd carry my 3" 686. The gun was designed to be duty tough and carry-able but I don't think that is its strong suit. It is a double stack 9mm but its still slimmer than a standard width 1911. I'm not the type to carry an all steel gun like a 1911, Hi Power, EMP4, etc. I like small and light, my J-Frame fills that roll. The Hudson and the above mentioned guns are range toys, things to just enjoy because you like them. Could the be carry guns? Duty guns? Sure. Not every gun HAS to have a defined purpose. Everyone is free to have it their way. I think it easily qualifies as a "Gucci" gun, catering to those that want something unique and something well built. It's far nicer than say a Kimber as far as build quality, more like a Dan Wesson /CZ factory custom grade of build quality. As for the chunky front end, well when you drop the barrel and the locking features that low in the frame, the recoil assembly had to go somewhere. It's still a locked breech action, the assembly had to be moved for sake of the low bore axis. While other guns like the P7 or Arsenal Strike One ride low, they aren't as far down as the H9.

As far as "meeting the hype" goes... Kinda hard to quantify that unless you yourself have had one in your hands to see and feel, let alone shoot. All I can say is my expectations had been met quite satisfactorily. Looks are subjective for sure, probably more than other factors. I like the uniquely shaped gun, i wouldn't call it gorgeous though.

I'm not terribly concerned about parts/pieces right now. I have it as a collection item to occasionally shoot and enjoy. As it stands with 2000 built, its a fairly rare item and if it stays at 2000 produced, it only adds value. If they crank out more, then I can breath easier about putting rounds through it. I plan on getting a few S&W 5906 mags since that is the parent mag design and cutting the proper latching slot in one to try. If nothing else, I have a 5906 TSW that can use the mags. All in all not too bothered either way.

44MAG#1
11-27-2017, 04:29 PM
The local gun store showed me one today. Felt good in the hand. But if I wanted a gun that size it would have a bigger hole in the barrel.

35remington
11-27-2017, 04:32 PM
As far as thickness versus a 1911 it is pretty much a wash. Both are around 1.25" at their widest points.

Some of the reviews have points that need to be thoroughly vetted in any personal hands on review if I get to shoot one. Expressed points of concern were shortcomings in trigger function in regards to take up, reliability and accuracy. Time will tell but I will let the consensus speak for awhile and see how it shakes out.

Mytmousemalibu
11-27-2017, 11:36 PM
If I have problems, ill address that as it comes and slap it on the forum for all to see. I've had to eat helpings of crow before, im sure there will be more to look forward to. If I do or don't, ill post it up. I don't plan on shooting it a bunch at this point in time so I'm not expecting to see problems.

The trigger certainly is unique, I will give it that, but not in a bad way. The intent was to replicate the feel of the 1911 type trigger, a straight-back pull but in a striker design and without undue sear wear or engagement problems. As you all can imagine, that is an uphill battle. It still has some pre-travel like 99% of all striker fired guns to disengage the passive safeties. If you treat it like a two-stage trigger and pull the trigger up to the pressure wall and break the shot and ride the reset, it is very close to a hammer fired feel. Its not as nice as my race guns but its a box stock pony and it has to pass the attorney's sniff test. To be completely honest, I wish there was a little tighter fit of the trigger body to the frame but im picking the fly **** from the pepper there.

By all means, if your range has one to fondle or shoot, or otherwise get hands on one, see what you think, develop your own opinions. Or don't, your choice. I'm not selling the darn things or mine for that matter, and I receive no gratuities either way. I was simply sharing my, "exuberant" two cents with the patrons of this forum. That is kinda what forums are all about is it not? :drinks:

rking22
11-28-2017, 02:11 PM
Congrats, always glad to see someone get a gun they desire, especially a rare bird. Not every pistol has to be practical, that's why they make CZ75 clones and Ruger revolvers. Some take pleasure in the successful execution of the design parameters. We understand, enjoy and keep us informed as your experience progresses.

Speedo66
11-28-2017, 06:53 PM
Good luck with your new purchase, hope you continue to enjoy it!

birch
11-29-2017, 08:54 PM
That is a sweet gun! I am always excited when a new gun manufacturer comes up with something new and exciting that works. I would buy one of these in a second if I had the cash.

It is so sad to see all the people on here trying to discredit something before they have y ideas of their own. I see a bunch of stuff in the "special projects" section that is new and interesting that I admire in so many ways. However--even with all that experience, there isn't single one of those folks who have created something with mass commercial appeal that is new and exciting.

I am jealous and envious. I would love to hear a range report. I don't think I have ever read a thread with so many cry babies commenting negatively on something they have never touched. #sad

Congratulations.

lefty o
11-29-2017, 08:58 PM
That is a sweet gun! I am always excited when a new gun manufacturer comes up with something new and exciting that works. I would buy one of these in a second if I had the cash.

It is so sad to see all the people on here trying to discredit something before they have y ideas of their own. I see a bunch of stuff in the "special projects" section that is new and interesting that I admire in so many ways. However--even with all that experience, there isn't single one of those folks who have created something with mass commercial appeal that is new and exciting.

I am jealous and envious. I would love to hear a range report. I don't think I have ever read a thread with so many cry babies commenting negatively on something they have never touched. #sad

Congratulations.

youve never seen any of the why this new cartridge threads than eh? lol people ***** and whine about anything they dont have or personally care for. generally its either envy or jealousy.

35remington
11-29-2017, 09:46 PM
Actually it’s hard bitten cynicism.

Reality about firearms is usually found somewhere other than ad copy and gushing prose. After you get a few years on you, you realize most things have flaws, and glowing reviews are often deliberately overlooking something or act as salesmanship rather than an objective commentary.

I’d rather have the objective commentary. I don’t believe in Glock Perfection, the front slide serrations on my Shield 45 are of no value, and my 638 had an annoyingly heavy trigger pull in double action right out of the box. It ain’t me....much of what is out there has downsides some don’t want to talk about, That is the fact of the matter.

So color me a skeptic. That is accurate. I just happen to run across other commentary as well. All is considered to some degree before I look into something myself, but as I said skepticism is not unjustified if nothing but hosannas are offered.

str8wal
11-29-2017, 11:47 PM
Call me underwhelmed.

Me2 ;-)

Mytmousemalibu
11-30-2017, 01:33 AM
For the kind words, thank you all!

So the intent here was to share in my excitement of getting something I had been waiting for for some time and for a commodity that has turned out to be harder to get than expected for that matter but also to layout the story. The whats, the whys, the hows, etc. Like I said, I gain nothing for the review, i'm not out to pimp the things just to do it. I'm sure you all can grasp the concept of a "unicorn object". Why does everything HAVE to have flaws? Is it inconceivable that there are some things that might be near perfect? Yes, again that is subjective reasoning so you can't really quantify that.

I respect everyone's right to opinion but honestly I'm shocked there was this much lackluster interest in the H9. The age demographic of Cast Boolits forum is strongly tilted to the older crowd. The kind of guys that scoff at the idea of plastic guns and "wunder-nines", and that whole side of the field. This is the group that will have their guns made of steel and wood, the 1911 cultists, the traditionalists right... So here's something new, it has a mix of the new style in it but is bloodlined to the 1911, no plastic here, steel and (could be wood but its G10 which is no shocker and adorns many a 1911), It's filling a gap that has been left open for a long time and many want that slice of the pie. It' has attributes often demanded these days but no one had this mythical gun. It's built to a high quality, forged parts, not MIM'ed, designed to enhance shootability, etc. I could go on but you know what I'm implying. Again, it's y'alls choice to like what you like, just shocked that so overwhelmingly you guys are thumbing your nose at it. Metaphorically speaking you've been asking Santa for a new snowman and when Santa builds it, well now its not big enough, or its not good enough, or its not the same as the old snowman......

sawinredneck
11-30-2017, 05:16 AM
Well I think it’s pretty neat! I remember going to Gordon’s Wigwam back in the ‘90’s and drooling over the two HK’s he had in the case every time I went in. I always wanted one but couldn’t afford it or justify it. Nowadays the HK M9 and 13’s are scarce and even more expensive when you do find one.
I don’t think I’d get a Hudson myself though, too new of a company, limited production run and a little on the high end of the price spectrum for me. But it’s a clever design for an easier to shoot gun.
I am curious who you got it through, PM me if you’d rather not say in the open.
Enjoy your gun, YOU like it, that’s all that matters.

Mytmousemalibu
11-30-2017, 12:31 PM
Well I think it’s pretty neat! I remember going to Gordon’s Wigwam back in the ‘90’s and drooling over the two HK’s he had in the case every time I went in. I always wanted one but couldn’t afford it or justify it. Nowadays the HK M9 and 13’s are scarce and even more expensive when you do find one.
I don’t think I’d get a Hudson myself though, too new of a company, limited production run and a little on the high end of the price spectrum for me. But it’s a clever design for an easier to shoot gun.
I am curious who you got it through, PM me if you’d rather not say in the open.
Enjoy your gun, YOU like it, that’s all that matters.

Thank you for the encouragement and kind words!

Man, Gordon's Wigwam! That's a name I haven't heard from anyone in a Loooooong time! They tended to be a little bit pricey but did have neat stuff. Wished we still had some of the little hole in the wall shops like that. Wasn't that on St. Francis, old brick street by the Kellogg overpass?

I picked the Hudson up at Range54 which happens to be the home range of our USPSA club. They only got 2 of them and the other was sold when I arrived that day. I don't know if Thunderbird got any or anyone else for that matter. There's at least 2 in the state of Kansas but probably not many more if any. I honestly think Hudson could have set msrp higher than they did and still would fly off the shelves. Not entirely cheap as is though. Might have to get together sometime and you can give it a try!

DougGuy
11-30-2017, 12:37 PM
So... When is Unicorn season? Right after Zombie season or do they run concurrently? :kidding:

lefty o
11-30-2017, 12:44 PM
So... When is Unicorn season? Right after Zombie season or do they run concurrently? :kidding:

depending on state they can overlap, but you better have proper licenses for either!

dragon813gt
11-30-2017, 01:18 PM
depending on state they can overlap, but you better have proper licenses for either!

Zombie is like coyotes here. No closed season and no bag limit. Unicorns are a lottery and they only issue three tags a year per WMU. They only live in 10 WMUs so there's limited tags [emoji23]

sawinredneck
11-30-2017, 03:03 PM
Thank you for the encouragement and kind words!

Man, Gordon's Wigwam! That's a name I haven't heard from anyone in a Loooooong time! They tended to be a little bit pricey but did have neat stuff. Wished we still had some of the little hole in the wall shops like that. Wasn't that on St. Francis, old brick street by the Kellogg overpass?

I picked the Hudson up at Range54 which happens to be the home range of our USPSA club. They only got 2 of them and the other was sold when I arrived that day. I don't know if Thunderbird got any or anyone else for that matter. There's at least 2 in the state of Kansas but probably not many more if any. I honestly think Hudson could have set msrp higher than they did and still would fly off the shelves. Not entirely cheap as is though. Might have to get together sometime and you can give it a try!

Yes, St. Francis across from the plumbing or electrical supply co. and shadowed by Kellog. I sure miss that place. Yes, prices were a little higher, but they had nearly everything you’d want! I remember when he was closing shop, he knew my fascination with the 10mm and he took me in the back. There in one of the safes was a select fire HK MP5 in 10mm! “I’ve got all the springs, one 10rd, 8 35rd, 2 50rd and 1 100rd mag for it. I’ll make you a great deal on it!” I couldn’t afford the $500 transfer fee much less the $5k he wanted for the gun at the time, but it was **** cool!
I’d be more than happy to meet up sometime and an offer to shoot a unicorn to boot? Don’t have to twist my arm. I’m out in Rose Hill and if the weather permits I can get us some outdoor shooting if you’ve got something you’d like to try long range on?

Handloader109
11-30-2017, 03:21 PM
Heard about it, hope they sell a lot of them. Entirely steel? I'll take my double stack 1911 from Rock Island.. Low bore axis? Yeah, cut out above trigger looks like it moved up a bit. And all the spring weight out front help with recoil I expect. Maybe they will sell, I doubt it. Climate is fierce out there. And margins are razor thin. I'd hate to know I had to sell guns to earn a living, transfer fees are as much as most margins on average handguns are right now. Have fun with it and report back in 6 months.

Mytmousemalibu
11-30-2017, 04:10 PM
Yes, St. Francis across from the plumbing or electrical supply co. and shadowed by Kellog. I sure miss that place. Yes, prices were a little higher, but they had nearly everything you’d want! I remember when he was closing shop, he knew my fascination with the 10mm and he took me in the back. There in one of the safes was a select fire HK MP5 in 10mm! “I’ve got all the springs, one 10rd, 8 35rd, 2 50rd and 1 100rd mag for it. I’ll make you a great deal on it!” I couldn’t afford the $500 transfer fee much less the $5k he wanted for the gun at the time, but it was **** cool!
I’d be more than happy to meet up sometime and an offer to shoot a unicorn to boot? Don’t have to twist my arm. I’m out in Rose Hill and if the weather permits I can get us some outdoor shooting if you’ve got something you’d like to try long range on?

Some good times back then!

That all sounds good to me! When I can get some free time to go do some shooting (besides club matches) ill see if we can't throw together a range day! Sounds good!

jetinteriorguy
12-06-2017, 07:08 PM
I think that's a pretty cool looking gun, and I am a slightly older dude who likes steel guns (S&W pinned and recessed). Quality just oozes off it. Not a criticism, but I think it would have more of a balanced look if they didn't have the rail on the bottom. I sure wouldn't let this stop me from buying it. I'm sure you'll have a lot of enjoyment from it and that's the most important thing.

Mytmousemalibu
12-07-2017, 12:05 AM
I think that's a pretty cool looking gun, and I am a slightly older dude who likes steel guns (S&W pinned and recessed). Quality just oozes off it. Not a criticism, but I think it would have more of a balanced look if they didn't have the rail on the bottom. I sure wouldn't let this stop me from buying it. I'm sure you'll have a lot of enjoyment from it and that's the most important thing.

Thanks for the encouragement! It is very well made and it looks the part! The machining and finishing work is very well done! With having my foot in the door of competition pistol shooting, USPSA that is, there are some incredible custom guns in that game. Guns that while are made to race, are verrrrry well made and some of the tightest fitting and oiled glass slick mechanicals. The H9 has that oiled glass, silky smoothness when you run the slide that the high-end comp guns do. They probably could have thinned down the recoil assembly area as you mentioned. With the 1913 pic rail, I understand the dimensions. This wouldn't be my choice to slap a weapon light on because it is in a weird spot and too chunky then. It does strike me as a perfect platform to design a guiderod tac light if there ever was a gun made for it. Perhaps that is on a drawing board somewhere? It's still a "toy" for me, It's perfectly carryable if a guy wants but that's not why I got it. I like the uniqueness and forward thinking that created it and being well executed is a big bonus.

I pretty much like guns of all flavors; steel & wood, stainless, polymer, etc, but my heart is rooted in military classics. My collection runs the gamut to prove that. I just got one of the newest hot items on the market but sitting right next to my bench is my 1878 Swiss Vetterli and a Winchester 94'. I'm in the process of converting Magtech 32ga. brass shot shells to 41 Swiss right now as a matter of fact. I shoot a stripped down custom S&W M&P 9L as a USPSA Open Division gun but right next to it sits an older S&W 4" Model 64 DAO that I hammer out IDPA stages with or with my 686. Last Sunday I shot my 5906 TSW instead. I just love guns, guns of all types! I'm on the prowl now for few others; a clean Manurhin MR73 Target model, a clean S&W Model 52-2, and a clean 3.5" Model 27 Highway Patrolman. I'm a S&W nut too and pinned and recessed is the best flavor! I'd like to build a 3rd pattern Brown Bess or Charleville Musket in the near future. I've shot a few rock-locks and twas bitten by that bug too! Diversity is a good word for my collection and anything might catch my eye. The Mantra I live by is do what makes you happy within reason and on the right side of the law. Life's too short to dread or sweat things, make the best of it. I enjoy the heck out of my guns as part of that theme!

Where abouts do you do jet interior work if you don't mind me asking?
I happen be an A&P mech. specializing in cooperate business jets myself! I sure end up pulling/installing plenty of interiors, more than I care but it beats rolling around in Skydrol! I miss experimental flight test though, we didn't have "interiors" in those puppies!

Artful
12-07-2017, 06:07 PM
I don't understand what niche this pistol fills? Seems like it's to big for CCW, to heavy for LEOs
Military is past steel pistols for expense reasons if nothing else, it would have to go aways for
target. I guess it's about like having a custom gun built, if it makes you happy that's all that
counts.

It's someone's dream project