PDA

View Full Version : My .32 RF or .32 Long Colt Die Set

Lostinidaho
11-20-2017, 11:19 PM
In my quest to make my Stevens Favorite in .32 rimfire shoot-able I have put together a die set. I could buy a die set. I am sure it is more precise than what I have put together but this is cheaper and has been a fun project to work on.

I use a Lee Precision #4 shell holder $6.45

I bought a Lee Precision .32 S&W Long through powder expanding die. I turned down the expanded to .300 on my wood lathe. Yes a wood lathe using a four jaw chuck and emery paper wrapped around a file. $15.00

I re-purposed a Lee .311 through bullet sizing die. I use this die for my Japanese Arisaka. I cut off about 1/4" from the bottom so that the mouth of the cartridge reaches the .311 portion of the die. This is not my original idea but I got it from the past posts of making .32 rimfire cartridges. $24.00

I just loaded up 25 cases. Seem to run nice and smooth.

I got a heeled bullet mold from Old West Bullet molds.

Just thought I would post for the benefits of others.

Lostinidaho
11-22-2017, 06:04 PM
This is a good idea, just curious as to how the ignition is.At first I started with drilling out the pocket primer and using a .22 power hammer cartridge. It worked fine. The only problem was in de-priming I would ruin a cartridge occasionally. So I had the breech block dilled for center fire. That was worth it. I have a orignal breech block so I can convert it back to orginal.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Chev. William
12-28-2017, 02:00 PM
Very Nice Project brought to Fruition. How is the accuracy of your converted .32 Rifle?
Chev. William