PDA

View Full Version : New pastime

Lead pot
11-18-2017, 05:39 PM
Since I got my Master build smoker I been putting it through the works :)
I smoked just about everything and my wife likes my new pastime to take the what am I going to make for supper tonight away :)
I been keeping the freezer full of Buffalo meat for the last seven years plus the venison I harvest sure puts the smoker to use, especially the Jerky and sausage I like to make, by the way, since we haven't bought beef my Cholesterol is a none issue that I'm off the pills that gave me terrible headaches.
One smoked dinner I really took a liking to above the usual way of making meatloaf it is fill a bread loaf pan full of ground Bison and pack it down so it's like a brick when I turn the pan upside down on the rack and lift the pan off. I been injecting different marinates you name it from honey mustard mixes to what ever, but roasted garlic and herbs sure suits me. :) Put it in early afternoon under 240 degrees and apple chips for smoke.........Kurt

MaryB
11-18-2017, 09:26 PM
Smoked meatloaf is hands down my favorite way to make it. I use grass fed organic beef so it is not a cholesterol issue like feedlot beef is.

CASTER OF LEAD
11-18-2017, 09:34 PM
Y'all are making fatter all the time. Lol. That sounds outstanding. SMOKED meatloaf is in my very near future. Thanks Kurt. - CASTER

country gent
11-18-2017, 09:39 PM
I did smoked frog legs a few years ago marinated them over night and under 240* with mestique chips then when about done a coating of barbeque sauce and finshed when tender. I think it was a woshteshire sauce brown sugar mix I marinated them in. Simple and easy to do. Was very good.

Lead pot
11-18-2017, 10:59 PM
Hey Gent I haven't seen big bull frogs since I was a kid :)

country gent
11-18-2017, 11:09 PM
We see a few on the farm ponds and resivoirs here but those were farm raised somewhere. They were good and didnt need skinned either LOL

CASTER OF LEAD
11-19-2017, 12:09 AM
We see a few on the farm ponds and resivoirs here but those were farm raised somewhere. They were good and didnt need skinned either LOL

No skinning required is bonus for sure. However if I need to skin them the reward is worth the work.- CASTER

smokeywolf
11-19-2017, 02:02 AM
I smoked chicken, pork tenderloins and baked beans tonight. Chicken had been marinated in Italian dressing, pork rubbed down with a mixture of olive oil and 2 parts pepper to 1 part salt.

big bore 99
11-19-2017, 02:44 AM
Try some hard boiled eggs. Peel them first. Used to like cheddar cheese or shrimp too.

MaryB
11-19-2017, 09:28 PM
IN summer I even bake bread on the smoker, use a neutral wood like oak or aspen that doesn't give a heavy smoke flavor. And try baking a cobbler on the smoker! Picks up a little smoke flavor and that takes it over the edge into something really good!

Lead pot
11-20-2017, 04:01 PM
Mary I like the dutch over buried under camp fire coals with the lid just cracked a little :)