PDA

View Full Version : Pro Ears Gold

Mal Paso
11-14-2017, 02:39 PM
Not everyone will spend $250 on electronic ear muffs but if you want to hear every little sound in the woods these are the ones to have. I wear them for all my hearing protection and if the weather is cold. The electronics are top quality with no skips in the volume controls after 4+ years. Unlike some protection you hear each shot clearly, ricochets too.

Anyway, the top strap broke 4 1/3 years into the 5 year warranty. I called customer service, a gal answered in a couple rings, I told her the sale date, she took down my address, told me to have a great day and I had a new replacement strap in my mailbox the next week.

Excellent product, Great Customer Service

bosterr
11-14-2017, 04:49 PM
I have a pairs of Pro Ears Gold as well. I've broken 2 top straps well out of warranty and got both replacements free of charge.

Thumbcocker
11-22-2017, 10:22 AM
This is a timely post. My ears are still ringing after taking a buck with a .44 mag and no hearing protection.

W.R.Buchanan
11-25-2017, 04:35 PM
After my last trip to Front Sight and getting my cheek pinched between the comb of the stock and my Muffs I am now researching in the ear electronic hearing protection.

At Front Sight during lunch you get to hear about Sport Ear brand and I have heard the pitch about 15 times now. They are Ridiculous Priced from about $700-nearly $3000! Needles to say I am not impressed and am definitely sick of hearing the pitch while I am trying to enjoy my lunch.

The new American Survival Guide mag out now. Dealing with winter has a good comparison article on these products and the one that stands out is the "Peltor brand TEP100."

I learned that hearing aid batteries are "Zinc Air batteries." an as soon as you remove the protective tape they start discharging. you get about 10 days out of a set of batteries if just sitting.

The Peltor plugs use rechargeable batteries that are charged in the case which uses either a USB port charger or AA or AAA batteries to charge the plugs. This is a distinct advantage. 3 AA batteries can recharge the plugs 10 times.

These are not cheap compared to my Image Head Set which was about $60-70, but at $309 they were not the most expensive either. in fact they were mid pack and the only ones that were rechargeable. I consider the rechargeable feature worth the cost as using up hearing aid batteries 2 at a time would get old pretty fast.

Santa is going to bring Randy a pair of these for Christmas so I have to be good now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40nwGTLz8mE

Randy