PDA

View Full Version : WTT for .45 Colt Boolits

Bookworm
11-07-2017, 05:17 PM
I'm working with a younger friend of mine, he's never reloaded. His money's tight, wife and kids, etc etc. He has expressed interest in reloading, and I've set a date for him to
come over so I can supervise his first session.
I'm going to introduce him on a single-stage press, and if he likes the process I plan to give him the press with some basic equipment to get him started (he doesn't know that part yet).

He wants to load 45 Colt. I've gathered some brass, purchased a set of used dies, and I have powder and primers.

I don't have any boolits. I don't load, shoot, own, (or drink) Colt 45.

Anybody have a few dozen 250-ish grain RNFP ? That is what he is used to shooting, and I want to keep it as simple as possible.
Coated preferred, but sized (.452) & lubed will work. Heck, even some plated would do. May be 30-40 or so, just to get his feet wet.

What do you want ? I've got stuff, maybe I've got stuff you need.

Pipefitter
11-07-2017, 05:27 PM
I have some swaged 250gn jacketed bullets for your friend, PM me with a shipping address and George One dollar Bill will pay you a visit.

dh2
11-07-2017, 05:29 PM
pm coming

Bookworm
11-09-2017, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the help folks ! My friend is being taken care of.

I will post a thread in a few weeks, to let you all know how this turns out.

Blackhawk Convertable
11-16-2017, 12:57 AM
FWIW, We that shoot Cowboy Action, use 200 grain RNFP as our low recoil pill of choice. It's also the same bullet that goes into our 1911's. Although we size the 45acp to .451 and not .452