PDA

View Full Version : RCBS hand priming tool

jdfoxinc
11-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Any body have success using Lee shellnholders with this tool?

codgerville@zianet.com
11-06-2017, 02:17 PM
The way that tool is made, the shell holders must have a chamfer on the bottom in order to work. Some of the older RCBS shell holders won't work either.

jdfoxinc
11-06-2017, 02:55 PM
Well I dug out my old hand primer body that solved the prob. Lost most of the old parts in the fire.

vzerone
11-06-2017, 03:27 PM
Nothing that a Dremel with a tapered grinding wheel won't fix. Mainly the chamber lets you fit the shell holder over the plastic snout the primers come up through. Doesn't take long to alter one and it doesn't ruin them either.

jdfoxinc
11-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Found the problem to be the pivot link will not remain centered on the priming piston. It fall's into the body of the hand prime and catches on a lip that is part of the casting. A PIA to constantly re-center the link.

vzerone
11-07-2017, 12:25 PM
Found the problem to be the pivot link will not remain centered on the priming piston. It fall's into the body of the hand prime and catches on a lip that is part of the casting. A PIA to constantly re-center the link.

I've never had that problem with my RCBS. I do have the retaining screw come loose on the curved primer feed block strip.

jdfoxinc
11-08-2017, 12:19 AM
This happens with both bodies I have.