PDA

View Full Version : Pegboard on Safe Door

cabezaverde
08-14-2008, 12:49 PM
I am planning to hang a piece of pegboard on my safe door to store pistols. Any tips on how to mount the pegboard itself. I think my safe has steel with concrete? behind it.

deltaenterprizes
08-14-2008, 02:21 PM
There should be a sheet metal cover on the inside of the door,remove the screws use the sheet metal as a template to drill holes in the pegboard ,mount the pegboard in the same holes,you may need longer screws.

fourarmed
08-14-2008, 02:35 PM
My safe came with pegboard, but if it didn't I would install it. The main thing to remember is to leave enough clearance behind the pegboard for the hooks on the hardware. If you can get behind the door surface, then all you need are holes big enough for the attachment bolts to come out through. Use ones with full-length threads so that you can run a nut or two down to hold them in place while you mount the pegboard. If you can't, then you might have to drill and tap for the bolts to go in from the outside and use washers for the clearance.

I also had room to hang a row of acrobins on the pegboard. I hunted all over for acrobin hangers that would attach to pegboard, but never found any. I wound up using plastic anchors to screw a strip of flat steel (again with slight clearance) to the pegboard to hold the bins.