PDA

View Full Version : Wait or order now ?

Petrol & Powder
11-03-2017, 09:28 PM
So White Label is currently out of stock of lubes shipped in tubes.

I generally use their BAC lube in hollow sticks and I like to store those sticks in the plastic tubes until I need them.
I went through a lot of other suppliers before I settled on White Label (I know, stupid but that's what happened). Once I settled on BAC and used up most of my old inventory, BAC became my primary lube for all handgun stuff. Very happy with BAC.

Here's the problem - I'm just about out of BAC. I have two options: Order more BAC in bags and find a way to store it
OR
Revert back to NRA 50/50 (which I still have) and wait for the BAC in tubes to be available.

Which is a better course of action?

Tom W.
11-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Which do you like better? I have several green RCBS sticks but I'll order carnauba red before I'll use the green things.

35 shooter
11-03-2017, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't let the lack of a tube be a deal breaker if it was a lube i liked and i was about out of it.
That's just me though.

runfiverun
11-03-2017, 10:56 PM
I'd re-use the old tubes I had stacked up behind my lube sizers.
or just melt the new ones down if they got mushed up in transit and pour it into my lubesizer.
heck I'd just order the stuff in big ol cakes and do that anyway.

Petrol & Powder
11-03-2017, 11:07 PM
yea, didn't save the old tubes.

Not the end of the world but I would prefer them to be in those neat little plastic tubes.

Biggin
11-03-2017, 11:26 PM
Carnuba red rocks however u store it!!

runfiverun
11-04-2017, 12:39 AM
a little heat and a pan of sorts with a spout will fill the lube sizer no problem.
you can also cut off some 16-20" chunks of 1" pvc and put a piece of saran wrap and a rubber band around the ends.

Beagle333
11-04-2017, 06:26 AM
I live in South AL and I order it in bags. It stores just fine indoors and is still in the same hollow tube shape when I load it in the sizer. (Never stored it outdoors in the summer)
Usually I melt it down anyway and pour it in the sizer. I get more in there that way. (More boolits lubed until refill needed)
Good luck!

Petrol & Powder
11-04-2017, 08:39 AM
OK, sounds like I just order it in bags. Thanks to all.

Tenbender
11-04-2017, 07:43 PM
Whats wrong with bags ?

Petrol & Powder
11-05-2017, 11:39 AM
Whats wrong with bags ?

Nothing, I just like the tubes for storage.

mold maker
11-05-2017, 01:55 PM
I thought we reloaders saved everything, and found a way to re-purpose it.

Petrol & Powder
11-05-2017, 03:35 PM
I thought we reloaders saved everything, and found a way to re-purpose it.

Nope, I throw the empty plastic tubes away when I'm done with them. Sort of assumed that the new sticks of lube would come with new plastic tubes :grin:

Somewhere in the back of my mind there's a crossover point between saving something to be re-used and just plain hoarding.