PDA

View Full Version : Correcting Title

salpal48
11-02-2017, 06:41 PM
Is there any way to Correct the Title for spelling Or general Mistake One the Post Is completed

Mr_Sheesh
11-02-2017, 06:43 PM
You could try "Edit Post", I haven't tried it and don't want to risk a mod's ire for trying it out. Please let us know if it works :) (Also a mod probably could update the title, if you cannot? I imagine they have tons to do though.)

salpal48
11-02-2017, 07:00 PM
The edit button Lets you edit the Body Of the Post. I did PM #1 If I can make the change Or not

ShooterAZ
11-02-2017, 07:05 PM
Salpal48, what do you need corrected? I will be happy to fix it for you.

Grmps
11-02-2017, 08:06 PM
I believe the only way to correct a title is to contact one of our friendly neighborhood MODS.
They have always been helpful to me.

My question is, what is an easier way to find a MOD that is online than skimming new posts and looking for a MOD?

Thanks Guys
(Guys meaning people, not just men :) )

OS OK
11-02-2017, 08:13 PM
I believe the only way to correct a title is to contact one of our friendly neighborhood MODS.
They have always been helpful to me.

My question is, what is an easier way to find a MOD that is online than skimming new posts and looking for a MOD?

Thanks Guys
(Guys meaning people, not just men :) )

Goto the pull down tab of 'who's online' and it'll tell you where everyone is lurking...

oldblinddog
11-02-2017, 09:38 PM
I don't think the title is correctable once you press enter. Proof read before you press enter.

Mr_Sheesh
11-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Uh oh, they know when I'm online? Eek. -hides-

JBinMN
11-02-2017, 11:11 PM
You can correct the title by hitting the "Go Advanced" button while in "Edit" in the OP. The OP can do it themselves without the help from a MOD. But you could sure ask one if ya like.
:)
I just went to a topic I posted earlier & checked.

Here are the steps to do Edit the Title of a topic by the Original Poster:

Go to the OP (Original Post) where ya started the topic. In the lower right corner towards middle (5:30 on a clock) of the posts "frame" is the "Edit" button, next to the "Reply" button. [Edit-Reply-Reply with Quote] Click on that "Edit" button. When the "Edit" frame opens, go down towards the lower right corner again & You will see in the Edit Frame [Save-Go Advanced-Cancel]
Click on the "Go Advanced" button. When the new page opens, at the top will be "Reason for Editing" and a box to put the reason. Just below that is the place ya want to be. It says, "Title". Make your changes in the Title box & then go back down & hit the "Save" button and your change should be made.

Takes longer to type how to do it than do it...
LOL
;)

G'Luck!

HATCH
11-04-2017, 08:51 PM
It also depends on where the thread is at.
Swap and Sell has different options then other sections of the board.

If you really mess up on your title you can use the report feature to report the post and put what you want it changed to in the report.

JBinMN
11-04-2017, 09:59 PM
Well, I tried to help out with how to do it. It should work just fine with the rest of the forum , I'd reckon. Maybe not..?? :???:

Did not know about the S&S part of the forum being different like ya say. Likely since I do not think I have started a topic there & did not need to correct the title or edit anything when I posted in it for other things..

Thanks for filling folks in on the difference(s). Good to know.

HATCH
11-05-2017, 11:34 AM
Swap and Sell is setup so you can close your own thread.
The other sections aren't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk