PDA

View Full Version : H&R topper or NEF pardner recoil pad

megasupermagnum
11-01-2017, 03:07 PM
I just wanted to pass this along, as I searched for days without finding a pre-fit recoil pad for H&R/NEF single shots. A slip on small fits well, but it turns out the slip on Pachmyer Decelerator is made in China. I have 2 H&R toppers and 1 NEF pardner, as well as an ultra slug hunter. The recoil pads seem to be more or less the same size between all of them. I found the best fitting pad is a Kick-EEZ pre-fit model KZ-112. It doesn't fit show room perfect, but you have to look pretty close to see the little bit of gap. The top hole is perfect with the factory hole, all you have to do is drill a new hole for the bottom. Made in USA, and really helps with the recoil of these light guns.

Texas by God
11-01-2017, 09:22 PM
That's a great tip, thank you.
With a kick pad a 5 lb 12 gauge will hurt. Without one it will maim!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

samari46
11-01-2017, 10:02 PM
I have a couple Remington wingmasters whose recoil pads have ossified into rock hard lumps. I found that removing them and using limbsaver slip on recoil pads works just fine. The small size fits all models of the 870 and most if not all centerfire marlin lever actions. Frank

waarp8nt
11-05-2017, 01:00 PM
Good to know!

I bought one with a Limbsaver bolt on recoil pad, I have since swapped it over to the 45/70. Good to know others fit as well. Thanks!