PDA

View Full Version : Wtb/wtt RCBS 10-10 stripped base

metricmonkeywrench
11-01-2017, 07:31 AM
I am in search of a stripped RCBS 10-10 scale base. In a trade deal I received a 10-10 scale. It is in perfect condition except for the scale base. Somewhere in its life something happened to the two rear pivot legs which are now missing. In their place a pair of washers were screwed on to provide the rear pivot point. Although the scale balances out well and is accurate with the check weights I'm not sure if the base is properly leveled and the washers are secure enough for long term use and don't want to side load the beams pivot points.

Not wanting to let the scale go I have basically two courses of action, either attempt to reconstruct the feet with a more permanent repair or attempt to locate a replacement base.

Which brings me to the point of this ad, does anyone have a clean stripped RCBS base that they are looking to part with?

deltaenterprizes
11-01-2017, 07:53 AM
Send it back to RCBS, it has a lifetime warranty!

metricmonkeywrench
11-01-2017, 08:50 AM
My reloading partner in crime recently contacted RCBS concerning some parts for a 10-10. He received a response that indicates RCBS is no longer supporting the Ohaus manufactured scales. This may be due in part to the new series scales they are selling. Either way I feel this would be to damaged beyond the warranty scope to get a replacement

deltaenterprizes
11-01-2017, 05:32 PM
Email them, you may get a new scale!

too many things
11-01-2017, 06:05 PM
base wont help as they are a match set to beam
what you have will work fine just not pretty

NikA
11-01-2017, 06:07 PM
I guess your concern is the hole size in the washers allowing them to shift unevenly? Why not replace them with appropriately sized fender washers?

metricmonkeywrench
11-01-2017, 06:36 PM
This is diverting from a WTB/WTT ad to a regular order discussion post. Should I decide to go the repair route I will document it in a regular post in the appropriate section of this site

I did send an Email sent to RCBS Customer Svc, here is their reply:

"Unfortunately we have discontinued that particular scale and we no longer have any parts for it. Thanks for choosing RCBS and have a great day!"

mikeatl
11-03-2017, 07:38 AM
One for sale on ebay , seller is el-mar8 . It is Ohaus branded not RCBS but the same base. Thanks Mike

metricmonkeywrench
11-03-2017, 01:11 PM
Mike, Thanks for looking out, but that was not the correct base for this model. I figure that if this post doesn't pan out by Sunday ill close out this ad and work on the fix in over the winter.

mikeatl
11-03-2017, 07:54 PM
Yes , after a little research that appears to be a 10-0-5 base . Sorry about that . Thanks Mike