PDA

View Full Version : LCR 57 Remedy and Intruder holsters.

sawinredneck
10-30-2017, 03:52 AM
No pics unless really requested, sorry, it’s become a pain nowadays.
Anyway, first the Bianchi 57 Remedy. For some reason this is the holster I REALLY WANTED for this gun. I was right in that choice! 90%+ of the time I’m in jeans and a pocket T-shirt, the gun disappears on me, the holster hangs about 1 1/2” below the belt, holds very tight to my body and retention is stellar! Seriously, it’s hard to reholster because it’s so tight! I’ve worn this daily for two weeks now and see it being my main holster for this gun.
The one negative, the belt loops are TIGHT! I’m using a double thick 1 1/2” wide belt and to position it I have to take the belt out of one of the loops, it will not move at all with both loops in. I’ve been slowly and carefully trimming them larger, but it’s still very tight.
The Desantis Invader, this is a beast of its own! I’d read the reviews and focused on the negative but even then, I was surprised when it showed up! If your pants aren’t loose fitting and you like them that way, this holster isn’t for you! I have pants that I can wear my King-tuk with a fs 1911, but can’t wear this holster because it’s so thick! Seriously, it’s 2” thick! The other negative I read about was the logo on the plastic clips. “How bad can it be?” I say, well, these are 1” wide billboards, yeah, they are that bad! I mean smashed sore thumbs sticking out! I will be upgrading to the metal clips ($10) before summer hits.
Speaking of summer, that’s were this holster shines! Get rid of the gawdy plastic clips and this is just about as close to the ultimate deep cover rig there is, it’s that good! It’s a smaller, more comfortable King-tuk, you forget it’s there! I could burry it even deeper by raising the clips, but I see no need carrying it at 3:30. It doesn’t stick out, catch on anything and is shirt tuckable, albeit with the metal clips. Again, great retention and easier holstering than the Bianchi.
I started with a Nemesis pocket holster, but with recent events I wanted better access than it afforded in a seated position. Both of these holsters have given me better access and freed up my pockets! I doubt I’ll carry the Nemesis again honestly, these two holsters have offered me more comfort, better accessibility and more clothing options. I’m very pleased with both in their own right. Forced to choose it would be very hard, the Remedy just suits my everyday lifestyle, but the Invader lets me blend into my wife’s work lifestyle without being offensive. I don’t think anyone would be disappointed with either choice, I really think they are both that good!