PDA

View Full Version : LAs Totally awesome grill/oven cleaner for nasty mold...

LAKEMASTER
10-28-2017, 10:10 PM
When i was young and stupid i smoked a mold really bad and couldn't get the soot out once i learned how to actually cast lead bullets....

So i soaked this 6 cavity mold for 3 hours and took my trusty tooth brush to the mold. After years of cleaning and casting the mold is now carbon free.

I might actually keep this one now. It looks new like the day i learned to cast.

A 32 oz pump spray bottle can be bought for $1 @ most 99c stores.

MT Gianni
10-29-2017, 12:10 AM
Many of the oven cleaners will pit aluminum, just FYI.

Maven
10-29-2017, 09:08 AM
MT Gianni's correct: No lye based oven cleaners on aluminum molds, pots, pans, etc.!

LAKEMASTER
10-29-2017, 07:09 PM
Exactly.

This is why i posted my result.

MT Gianni
10-30-2017, 01:39 PM
It would be pretty easy to get an MSDS from the manufacturer to verify there is no lye.

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-30-2017, 05:11 PM
I wonder it that is any different than, LA's Totally Awesome, All purpose concentrated cleaner, Degreaser, and Spot remover...that I buy at the Dollar store?

Before I started casting my own, I swapped for some boolits that were tumble lubed (with Lee's Alox), I planned to use those boolits as cores for swaging jacketed bullets, so I wanted to remove the Alox, nothing I tried would cut it, except for the LA's Totally Awesome concentrated cleaner...it's good stuff. (later on, I learned MS works even better).