PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
10-28-2017, 08:27 AM
Then Agrippa said to Paul, "You almost persuade me to become a Christian."

—Acts 26:28

The word almost is an interesting term. We sometimes use it when we want to delay something, when we’re not quite ready to commit. It’s a word that we also couple with procrastination. For instance, maybe you’re at a restaurant, and the server comes by and says, “Do you know what you’d like to order today?”

You’re still looking over the menu, so you answer, “Well, almost.”

Or, maybe a husband is waiting for his wife as they’re about to go out to dinner. He says, “Are you ready yet?”

She says, “Almost.”

Then there are words that don’t work with almost. There is no such thing as almost pregnant, almost winning, or an almost Christian. A woman is either pregnant, or she isn’t. You either win the game or lose the game. You’re either a Christian, or you’re not a Christian.

You may be well on your way to becoming a Christian. You may be investigating the claims of Christ. But either you are a believer, or you are not.

In Acts, chapter 26, we read of a man known as Herod Agrippa. I call him the almost Christian. Why? Because when the apostle Paul presented the gospel to him, Herod Agrippa said, “You almost persuade me to become a Christian” (Acts 26:28).

Almost. He was close but not close enough. Apparently Herod Agrippa was moved by Paul’s powerful and persuasive presentation of the gospel. But then he turned and walked away from it. He was the almost Christian.

Only God can make you aware of your need for Christ, but only you can put your faith in Him. God won’t do it for you, because He has given you a free will. It’s up to you to respond and decide to become a follower of Jesus Christ.

Boaz
10-28-2017, 03:50 PM
Yes choice . Choice over what you have known , what you have struggled with . Choice over what the world teaches as 'reality' . Choice of what you know as everyday verses what could be . To many keeping up the daily struggle that which you are familiar with out weighs a leap of faith .
Faith being the key factor in accepting GOD . Many will just keep fighting the daily battle to no end . But you do have choice .