PDA

View Full Version : What is "VS"...?

Idaho Sharpshooter
10-28-2017, 01:23 AM
half of the for sale ads here lately have VS instead of FS.

ReloaderFred
10-28-2017, 01:26 AM
"Vendor/Sponser". A Vendor/Seller has different rules for selling and isn't limited to the number of items they can sell.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Mr_Sheesh
10-28-2017, 04:10 AM
Huh - I had thought it's actually "Vendor Services" - But NO need to call Ripley's "if" I am wrong, as it's not going to be a shock to anyone if (when) it happens! Same basic thing anyways. A vendor instead of one of us regularish folks, but likely a good one if they're still selling here :)

Grmps
10-28-2017, 04:28 AM
Vendor Sponsors

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?111-Vendor-Sponsors

I believe they pay a fee to have to have unlimited sales privileges on this forum.

Where members need to post WTS (Want To Sell),
They post VS

HATCH
10-28-2017, 07:31 AM
Correct.
Anything listed in Swap and Sell is suppose to start with one of the following in the title

WTS:
WTB:
WTT:
VS:
AUCTION:

But about 1/2 the time mods have to edit the title to comply.
What's worst is when they don't put anything anything.
Just have what they got. Not if they want to buy or sell or anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lightman
10-28-2017, 10:43 AM
half of the for sale ads here lately have VS instead of FS.

I was curious about this, too! I thought maybe it was a typo?

mooman76
10-28-2017, 11:17 AM
Don't feel bad. It took me awhile to figure out too.

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-28-2017, 12:15 PM
clipped from the S&S Rules that everyone should read before posting a advertisment.
(BTW, they had been updated in June 2017 adding some new rules and clarifying some old rules)

There are 5 types of posts allowed in the S&S section:

Selling a item – Subject line will begin with “WTS:”
Auctioning a item – Subject line will begin with “AUCTION:”
Wanting to buy a item – Subject line will begin with “WTB:”
Wanting to trade a item – Subject line will begin with “WTT:”
Vendor Sponsor ads – No restriction on title – Can only be items agreed upon when you sign up as a VS.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?335525-S-amp-S-Rules-amp-Definitons&p=4057211#post4057211

Paul_R
10-28-2017, 12:44 PM
Thanks for posting this.

Johnny_Cyclone
10-28-2017, 01:06 PM
Maybe there is a way to make any new Swappin Sellin posting (Initial posting not replies to posts) require a click of "I have read the SnS posting conditions" with an auto link to the rules or something like that. Then once clicked it will allow the poster to build a FS or WTB post.

I don't know, it wasjust a thought.

HATCH
10-28-2017, 05:36 PM
Maybe there is a way to make any new Swappin Sellin posting (Initial posting not replies to posts) require a click of "I have read the SnS posting conditions" with an auto link to the rules or something like that. Then once clicked it will allow the poster to build a FS or WTB post.

If you look at the top on the Swap And Selling Section you will see a bright YELLOW banner that says

"S&S Rules have been updated. View the rules in the sticky at the top of the S&S forum . By using this area you agree Castboolits, Gunloads, The Owners, Webmaster(s), or Staff assumes no responsibility for the outcome related to any and all transactions which may originate on this site. This section is NOT a discussion area. If your post is not in accordance with the rules it will be deleted, no warning or explanation will be given."

Even members that have been given infractions will still fail to read the rules.

Idaho Sharpshooter
10-29-2017, 03:30 AM
Ah! Since my Prostate Surgery this late spring, I have had days that are a bit fuzzy...