PDA

View Full Version : I have died

rl69
10-26-2017, 05:53 PM
Reading boazs post got me to thinking ( i know a dangerous thing ) I have already died. I have died,and have been born again threw the blood of Jeuses Christ. never to die again. but one day pas from this world to the next.

as I sit here washed in the blood, yet the stinch of my rotting flesh remains all around me.my lust for things, prid,anger, juelosy, fear, selfishness, to name just a few. So I take my sins and lay them at the cross daily, and push forward,tell the day I move on.

Boaz
10-26-2017, 07:16 PM
Yes you are born anew ! But heck ...we are still stuck here a while . Till we go home we will be human , Paul said he still had all the weakness's of the flesh but that the spirit of GOD carried him through trial . James tells us ...

James 4;14

whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.

We will get home but there is work to do till then . There is a season for everything .

I love you brother , you do well .

Blackwater
10-26-2017, 09:01 PM
You're no the only one RL! It's all we CAN do, really. Some don't like it much when I say we don't stop being human just because we make a profession of faith. Not hardly! Yes, we ARE changed by that, but our essential human nature, and all the temptations that makes us subject to, doesn't stop needing our attention and determined resistance and refutation, NEVER leaves us completely. We've sort of a dual nature after our conversion experience, and never cease being free from all temptations. But we have a cloak of armor we can use to keep these temptations at bay, IF we'll but simply use it.

What would life be without a challenge?

buckwheatpaul
10-26-2017, 09:48 PM
Thanks guys for the insight and truth......My life became so much easier when I professed Jesus as my personal savior and learned to turn it over to GOD......Paul

USMC87
10-27-2017, 06:08 AM
Amen, Born again in Christ awaiting delivery.

Preacher Jim
10-27-2017, 11:15 AM
Romans 5:8New American Standard Bible (NASB)

8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Preacher Jim
10-27-2017, 11:17 AM
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12 NASB

Preacher Jim
10-27-2017, 11:19 AM
Ephesians 2:8-9New American Standard Bible (NASB)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and [a]that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.