PDA

View Full Version : Reloading for a Nagant w/ 32acp

Tumtatty
08-12-2008, 03:48 PM
I just bought one of the Nagant revolvers and with it a .32 acp cylinder. Is there anything special I need to know for reloading with this cylinder? Is it just like reloading for a standart .32 (I've only reloaded for 45 acp at this point)?

Anything else I should know about this pistol/cylinder?

Thanks!:drinks:

mtnman31
08-14-2008, 10:37 AM
If you have not already done so, slug your barrel so you know what diameter bullets to cast. Mine has a groove diameter of .313. Once you know your groove diameter you can just reload for the 32acp like normal. Having said that, my Nagant has the original cylinder and the 32acp cylinder I used was borrowed from a friend. His cylinder worked great in my pistol. The same cylinder only works so-so in his Nagant. hopefully your pistol won't need any tweeking to have success with the 32acp cylinder.

Right now I am still playing around with the gun and trying to develop a load for it. I am using 32-20 brass and messing with a RN bullet as well as a semiwadcutter design.

Good luck.

dukenukum
08-14-2008, 11:02 AM
a lot of folks fire .32 s&w or .32 H&R mag with the original cylinder, but I like the 32-20 brass conversion . I have found that .32 ammo is to much money around here .:castmine: