PDA

View Full Version : Glock magazines very loose

stanford
10-25-2017, 08:55 PM
I really need to figure out the fix on this issue. I have a glock 29, I bought some of the 15 round clips for the glock 20 since it fits in the 29 without any problems. My issue is the clips for glocks are very loose, even the 10 round clip that comes with the pistol rattles when you shake it around. Has anyone done anything to modify this excessive movement? All of my other pistol clips is NOT as loose as this one. I normally like springfield, but since they didn't have any 10mm I decided to go with the glock.

Just in case anyone is going to say that this clip was made for the glock 20, that is definitely the wrong answer. As the 10 round clips that came with the pistol rattles the same way as the 15 round clip. This is something I have never experienced before with all the pistols that I have, plus this is also a first for me when it comes to glock.

Appreciate any feedback if anyone has fixed this in the past. Personally thinking about putting some black tape on the sides of the clip to tighten it up a bit.

lefty o
10-25-2017, 08:59 PM
im sure glock makes their magazines that way on purpose. once upon a time glock magazines wouldnt drop free from the gun without being pulled out. they put a metal liner in them, didnt change the dimensions but they no longer swell when loaded. the lack of swelling is my bet why you now have a little wiggle room. it hurts nothing.

Plate plinker
10-25-2017, 09:04 PM
All my mags fit just fine. These clips you speak of I am unfamiliar with.

Hamish
10-25-2017, 09:22 PM
I've never heard of this problem with magazines in any generation Glock. I wonder if have a weak mag release spring.

You would be well served to join Glocktalk.com forum to inquire about your magazine problem.

stanford
10-25-2017, 09:53 PM
Appreciate the answers guys. I do have the XGrips on the bottom of the mag to fill in the gap for your pinky finger. What I dont get is the 10 round clip rattles the same way as the 15 round clip. I was trying to get in touch with one of the guys at work who is really into glocks to talk to him about this but I havent seen him in a while. All of my other pistols have just a little wiggle room, maybe 1/32 of an inch, but this glock is more like 3/32 of an inch.

Seems like lefty understands what I am talking about. I may just have to get used to it, I know it wont hurt anything its just strange. I will probably head on over to glock talk and see if anyone has mentioned this issue before.

David2011
10-25-2017, 10:43 PM
I've seen people have to forcibly pull their magazines out of Glocks in matches. Be happy your magazines will drop free! Maybe the Glock forums will have more insight on these "clips" of which you speak.

Bazoo
10-25-2017, 10:46 PM
I dont have a glock at present, but i've carried one for a few years. I dont remember it being rattly. Dumb question, you do have bullets in the magazine dontcha? When loaded, the bullets press against the bottom of the slide and eliminate some play.

35remington
10-26-2017, 08:15 AM
If the gun runs perfectly.....how much can it matter?

stanford
10-26-2017, 11:40 AM
I have tried the magazines loaded and unloaded and it's the same result.

I dont have a glock at present, but i've carried one for a few years. I dont remember it being rattly. Dumb question, you do have bullets in the magazine dontcha? When loaded, the bullets press against the bottom of the slide and eliminate some play.

stanford
10-26-2017, 11:42 AM
I have never used the gun, just got it a few days ago and noticed the problem. I got some feedback on how to fix the issue, I will try this weekend and see what happens.

If the gun runs perfectly.....how much can it matter?

35remington
10-26-2017, 07:00 PM
Do not apply any fixes until you see if there is any negative effect from the "looseness." This information is useful in diagnosing the severity of the problem.

Run what ya got. Then remedy if needed or desired.

9.3X62AL
10-26-2017, 09:27 PM
If it ain't broke don't fix it. I have both Glock 20 SF and 29 SF, carry one of them daily and I haven't noticed if the mags rattle around or not. Both pistols run fine with factory ammo and reloads. I only notice most gun quirks when/if they cause operating problems.

stanford
10-27-2017, 05:39 PM
Thanks again guys.