PDA

View Full Version : Lee Loaders

duckear
10-25-2017, 12:21 AM
Holy moly, are they fun!

I picked one up by accident, now I am addicted.

I think I have bought 3 over the past month or two

They are some kind of clever.

LUBEDUDE
10-25-2017, 04:48 AM
A cheap way to get into reloading for sure, especially for a 17 year old paying his way through college. I loaded about 350-400 rounds of 44 mag every week to be shot on the weekends. At that rate the hammer and dies got old after a few years. I bought a Rockchucker as soon as I could afford it.

TNsailorman
10-25-2017, 08:19 AM
That is how I started reloading, using the Lee Loaders. Still have a few and still like to use them. Its kinda like returning to a time when things were more simple and less complex. It is relaxing for me. james

missionary5155
10-25-2017, 08:22 AM
Have reloaded my 12 gauge "crow loads" for over 20 years on a Lee Loader when up north there. Try to keep a box of 25 on hand and when that needs to go in the field pack the 25 fired ones get the wacking process. The old Fox B double just swallows then up and spits out the inerds.
Mike in Peru

duckear
10-25-2017, 01:13 PM
Funny. I am going backwards. I currently reload on a 650 and a CoAx.

But knocking out a few rounds of 7x57 with a hammer is.....relaxing.

duckear
10-25-2017, 01:14 PM
..... Still have a few and still like to use them. Its kinda like returning to a time when things were more simple and less complex. It is relaxing for me. James

exactly!
:)

duckear
10-25-2017, 01:16 PM
Have reloaded my 12 gauge "crow loads" for over 20 years on a Lee Loader when up north there. ....
Mike in Peru

I have a 12 gauge kit on the way.
Any tips?

TNsailorman
10-25-2017, 02:04 PM
I don't know which kit you have on the way but if it is the older one and not the improved one, I would suggest you find one of the crimp starter (6 & 8) pieces. They came with the new improved kits and made getting a good crimp much easier. I have one of the old models that I just recently bought and am on the hunt for a crimp starter myself. james

duckear
10-26-2017, 02:56 PM
I don't know which kit you have on the way but if it is the older one and not the improved one, I would suggest you find one of the crimp starter (6 & 8) pieces. They came with the new improved kits and made getting a good crimp much easier. I have one of the old models that I just recently bought and am on the hunt for a crimp starter myself. james

Mine is the older one as well.
I missed out on a crimp starter on eBay the other day.