PDA

View Full Version : Miniature Arms & Auction catalog 1924

SWANEEDB
10-24-2017, 06:09 PM
Just going threw some stuff and these books came up, thought we'd share. Bet we have had them for at least 40 years--maybe a little longer.
Miniature guns printed 1970, all photos are in color, just a neat book to look at and read.
Auction catalog of "Rare Firearms and Kindred Weapons", sale to be held May 9, 1924, not bad condition for nearly a hundred years old, one or two pages are missing. 540 items auctioned off in one day, now that's a bunch. You would wonder just how many survived, in a collection/collections or in a museum. Pic on the cover is what most or all what the ones pic'd inside from the same era. Would have been nice to see prices realized, has a few pencil makings but no $ signs.
No, I did not attend the auction.

georgerkahn
10-27-2017, 05:11 PM
Back in the day, firearms were in walking canes, drinking flasks, and even smoking pipes -- my having actually seen one of the latter, marveling it's ingenuity of design. Never did learn if it could be actually packed with tobacco and lit, but I do recall lots of gentlemen who just walked about with an un-lit pipe in their mouths... I'd be curious if there were any "unusual" bullet-firing devices in the Miniature Arms book? Or, are they all tiny versions of our present day arms. A friend has a belt-buckle made by N-something-or-another which has a teeny 5-shot s.a. revolver on it which fires .22 shorts. Perhaps,"North American Arms?", but I 'm not sure. Don't reckon one can go much more miniature than that?

Thanks for posting/sharing!

g

mazo kid
10-29-2017, 05:37 PM
I have always had a soft spot for old gun books and catalogs. Thanks for sharing.