PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Ghost Pepper Tortilla Chips - Freakin' HOT!!!

DougGuy
10-23-2017, 11:35 PM
For those of us who aren't skeerd of no Ghost Pepper, these are some BAD HOMBRES!! Not everyone will be brave and stupid and go out and try these but the ones who dig spicy stuff, REALLY spicy stuff, won't be disappointed!!

On the left side of the bag, it says FREAKIN' HOT. They are NOT playing! :bigsmyl2:

I am eating Jalapeno potato chips to cool my tongue down!! Seriously, I am!

trails4u
10-23-2017, 11:40 PM
Well...that's on the list now! Me and my 16yo son have a 'soft spot' for painful food. We'll be on the lookout.

tradbear55
10-24-2017, 07:53 AM
I tried these awhile back, I could only eat a few chips. My face was on fire for 20 min. after. Pitched the rest. Couldn't handle them.

Hickory
10-24-2017, 08:26 AM
I made some really nice ghost pepper sauce last year.
Basic recipe:

10-12 ghost peppers.
40-45 large red bell peppers.
2 quarts white vinegar.
1 quart water.

Remove stem from ghost peppers. Cut bell peppers into small pieces.
Put all ingredients in large pot. Bring to boil. (Important) Let cool. When ingredients have cooled, process in blender until smooth. Pour contents through sieve and discard pulp.
Bring to boil and hot water bath can sauce in small jars of bottles for 10 minutes.

This sauce is not as hot as you'd think. Good flavor.

trails4u
10-24-2017, 08:27 AM
I tried these awhile back, I could only eat a few chips. My face was on fire for 20 min. after. Pitched the rest. Couldn't handle them.

Well.....maybe I'll be rethinking my position on these!! :evil:

w5pv
10-24-2017, 03:55 PM
Let me ask a stooopud question .What are ghost peppers?

DougGuy
10-24-2017, 04:14 PM
Let me ask a stooopud question .What are ghost peppers?

Ghost Pepper a.k.a. Bhut Jolokia, originally cultivated in Assam, India.

One of the world's hottest peppers. Jalapeno = 8,000 Scoville units. Habanero = 350,000 Scoville units. Ghost Peppers = 1,000,000+ Scoville units.

Scoville unit is the number of drops of water it takes to dilute ONE drop of the liquid from the pepper until no detectable pepper heat remains.

arlon
10-24-2017, 08:11 PM
I love those but about 5 of them at a sitting is my limit!

Boaz
10-24-2017, 08:17 PM
DougGuy I'm a hot freak and you got me runnin scared . Think I'll pass em .

DougGuy
10-24-2017, 08:23 PM
I love those but about 5 of them at a sitting is my limit!

Oh they hold their vengeance all the way to the end too! The bottom of the bag has all the crumbs and ghost pepper spices that fell off the chips and it is even more vicious than the chips themselves!

A bag of these lasts me a week or two, maybe 3. I can't eat more than a handful at a sitting either.

MaryB
10-24-2017, 09:03 PM
Think I will pass on this one, I like my taste buds intact...

Hickory
10-25-2017, 07:10 AM
About 3 years ago I sent our own Mary B. a bottle of hot sauce made with scorpion peppers and Carolina reaper peppers. These peppers are said to be hotter then ghost peppers.

Mary, give us a little review on that hot sauce.

dragon813gt
10-25-2017, 08:35 AM
Ghost, scorpions and reapers are all ridiculous. That makes the Dragon's Breath really ridiculous. Anything over a habanero is just stupid. And many say even a habanero is to hot. Don't get me wrong, I like spicy food. But you have to be able to taste it. If all it does is burn your mouth for half an hour what's the point?

MT Gianni
10-25-2017, 12:59 PM
I too will pass. I like hot food but pass on stuff I can track it's digestive process.

MaryB
10-25-2017, 09:52 PM
Stuff was tasty in small amounts! Used it on eggs, chili, to kick up BBQ sauce... and to torture unsuspecting friends who would claim nothing is to hot! One drop on a corn chip! Most said uncle and asked for the milk!

About 3 years ago I sent our own Mary B. a bottle of hot sauce made with scorpion peppers and Carolina reaper peppers. These peppers are said to be hotter then ghost peppers.

Mary, give us a little review on that hot sauce.