PDA

View Full Version : 20 lb greenbar ?

LAKEMASTER
10-23-2017, 11:22 AM
I have 2400 sheets of this stuff@ home. I know its not 16 so i wanted everyone's opinion.

New to PP so I proceeding with caution

John Boy
10-23-2017, 11:48 AM
Shouldn't be an issue. If so, your rifle will let you know

LAKEMASTER
10-23-2017, 08:13 PM
I didn't know if the weight of the paper was what made it special or the fact its (greenbar) paper

OverMax
10-23-2017, 10:35 PM
No harm in trying different papers. With all the papers I experimented with from Altoids wrapping paper to Post-it pad paper and everything else in-between I could find here and there.
A couple generous members shared their supply of printer tractor paper with me one day. Since that time I've been wrapping 30-30 bullets with G/Bar and having great success in accuracy and velocity.
BTW: I also use the same boolits for my 300 savage.

The one Tip I'll pass on to a new hopeful Patcher. "Stick with the basic Rules/ways of paper patching. The mixing of old ways with modern seldom work. In my experience. Oh without-a-doubt the mix of old school with the new will frustrate its Patcher to the point of quitting.

If wanting to know just what Patching/Paper is approximate. Check out Buckshot's write in the archives and by all means read the Stickys at the head of this column.