PDA

View Full Version : I have to brag a little!

Mytmousemalibu
10-20-2017, 07:16 PM
So I was in Tulsa, OK to shoot the USPSA Oklahoma Sectional match hosted at USSA. I didn't shoot till Saturday but we came down Fri to get our registration done and walk the stages. Well it just so happens that Jerry Miculek and family were shooting this match too. Me being a big S&W fan and a fan of Jerry's, I brought along my 929 JM Performance Center in case I happen to run in to him. As luck would have it, I did and he autographed the serialized case of my gun, the one he had S&W build to his specs! He's a really nice guy and a class act! Pretty cool!

Went2kck
10-20-2017, 07:23 PM
That is awesome to have met and had him do that.

I am a fan of him to, love to watch him shoot. I just wish i could shoot that much to. LOL

osteodoc08
10-20-2017, 07:43 PM
That's really awesome. How about a picture of the 929 as well!

ReloaderFred
10-20-2017, 08:17 PM
I've talked to him a couple of times at the SHOT Show, and he's a down to earth guy.

Fred

contender1
10-20-2017, 09:18 PM
I'm a USPSA RO & have been active in the game for about 20 years. I've met Jerry, Kay & Lena often, and they are "salt of the earth" folks.
Kudos on getting the box signed.

Bzcraig
10-20-2017, 09:21 PM
That's really awesome. How about a picture of the 929 as well!

Yes indeed!

Mytmousemalibu
10-20-2017, 10:11 PM
Okay, ill post up some pics here in just a tad.

I'm also a USPSA RO but I've only been in the sport for going on a few years now. I've got to chat a little bit to some of the top shooters and Jerry is up at the tippy top of friendly, nice competitors. Max Michel is also someone I admire alot and also a really cool dude. I've seen a lot of the upper crust shooters that are polar opposites and too good to be friendly or helpful. Just today I watched Max finish his last stage and grab pasters and head downrange and help reset for the next shooter. He's the reigning world champ but still a class act. Pretty cool!

Mytmousemalibu
10-20-2017, 10:58 PM
Really fun gun to shoot! Like a big cap gun with minor PF 9mm loads. Really not bad with major either! It certainly is a magnificent gun, Jerry did a great job with the attributes of it. I need to get my competition rig built for it and shoot some USPSA Historical Division! I love my revolvers!

Pistolero49
10-20-2017, 11:16 PM
Chris,
Very nice! You have a great handgun and keepsake. Jerry certainly is one of the best.

Biggin
10-21-2017, 12:10 AM
Never met the man but I've always heard that he's a class act
Glad to hear that they were right!

JBinMN
10-21-2017, 03:43 AM
Very Cool & G'Luck! with the matches! Have fun! & please take & share pics if ya will!
:)

Mytmousemalibu
10-21-2017, 08:35 AM
I will do my best, I think this will be a fun one! See ya'll on the flip side!

osteodoc08
10-21-2017, 02:37 PM
That is definitely a keep sake and something to be proud of. With minor loadings that revolver will outlast all of us.

ShooterAZ
10-21-2017, 07:15 PM
I have met and spoke with Jerry a couple of times, and shot with him many years ago at the American Handgunner World Shootoff Championship in Montrose, CO. He is a true ambassador for the shooting sports, and a heck of a good guy. He don't need no bump fire stocks either. Congrats on the autograph!

sparkyv
10-21-2017, 07:23 PM
Very nice!

funnyjim014
10-21-2017, 09:13 PM
My 929 was built on Friday at 430. Trigger needs some work, getting better after I shot it for a year. I blew the compensator in half as the screw backed off after 300rds in a match . The next problem is the ejector screw knob backed off. The main spring screw backed off resulting in light hits. I had a tougher time making the lead reloads work without sticking in cylinder. The gun looks good on paper but the quality of years past just isn't there. Just my .02. FYI I do shot fairly good and fast with it. I would be faster if I sorted my brass and matched it to the moon clip. Have to jiggle them in too much. Congrats on meeting jerry and getting his signature

Mytmousemalibu
10-22-2017, 02:28 PM
Very Cool & G'Luck! with the matches! Have fun! & please take & share pics if ya will!
:)

I didn't get much for pictures but I did get some video footage! Overall, I had a lot of fun!

Vids here! --> http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?346114-My-2017-USPSA-Oklahoma-Sectional-match-a-little-video-footage-of