PDA

View Full Version : SS Super Blackhawk Bisley

pumpguy
08-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Question for everyone. I found a SS Super Blackhawk Bisley with a 5 1/2 or 6" barrel. It has a set of brown wooden grips and some sort of a scene engraved in the cylinder. It looks like it has had some use and has a few small scratches on the gun. I can get it for $350.00. Gunbroker etal. don't have any used ones to compare it to right now. Is this a good price?

EDK
08-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Don't pick your...errr...nose thinking about it! It is probably an ACCU SPORT...the roll markings on the unfluted cylinder would be BISLEY MODEL.... RUGER...and an engraving of a shooter wearing a derby hat.

I paid $400 NIB for mine several years ago; they go for about $550+ now...if you can find one. I had previously paid $160 for parts and $85 to fit them (each) to a pair of stainless SUPER BLACKHAWKS befor I got the ACCU SPORT. It's a shooting machine. John Taffin commented on that they were much "tighter" than most Rugers. I have a Stroh (ALPHA PRECISION) action job and a BOWEN target rear sight on mine. The only other modification is going to be some custom grips.

You may already be too late...this gun won't sit on the shelf very long...especially at $350!

:Fire::cbpour::redneck:

pumpguy
08-11-2008, 07:13 PM
That is the engraving. I will try to get it tomorrow. Now, how to hide this from Mrs. pumpguy.:confused::groner:

yondering
08-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Yep, $350 sounds like a steal if it's in good shape. If you don't like it, sell it again here.

Heavy lead
08-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Stop talking and start buying, you'll love it. I've put 3 bisley grips on guns (on 45 blackhawk, and one sbh before they were available, and also fit one to a BFR) IMO best grip period at least for me. It's a steal.

rugerdude
08-11-2008, 09:03 PM
$350 for that is a DANG fine price!! And that is about as good a "compromise" gun as you will find. You get enough barrel for a good sight radius and its short enough to pack easily. My wife tells me that my gun fund is dry right now, but if I found one for that I would just have to sleep on the couch for a couple of nights! :mrgreen:

EDK
08-11-2008, 09:07 PM
On Saturday the 2nd, I had worked 16 hours at work and was due back in 8 hours. I had to pick up my car at the shop and picked up some SUBWAY sandwiches for work on the way home. The little "mom and pop gun shop" next to Subway had a 624 Smith & Wesson (44 Special, 6.5 inch barrel) for $450, but I didn't put a deposit on it. I found out it was one of 10,000 in 4 and 6.5 inch barrels and an identical one on Gunbroker was a $750 BUY NOW.

I sat on the worry seat until the shop opened at 4 PM Tuesday afternoon, but no one else realized what it was either. I went through the door minutes after it opened, check book in hand. AND I got it! It shoots almost as well as the STROH tuned BISLEYS and ACCU SPORT do at 25 yards. I got under 1.5 inches with generic reloads...two or three touching until "operator errror/anxiety" kicked in.

DON'T TRY...BE THERE TOMORROW...CALL WHEN THEY OPEN AND SAY "I'LL TAKE IT!" Been there; Done that; Who want's the crummy T-shirt as a consolation prize! Enjoy one of the finest revolvers RUGER has ever produced. (I haven't heard of a bad ACCU SPORT yet.)

:Fire::cbpour::redneck:

pumpguy
08-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Wish I could call them in the morning. It was at a little dump of a pawn shop I saw on the way home from a customers. I don't even know the name of it. I bet they open up at 10, so I will try to be there then. You guys are a bad influence on me![smilie=1:

HeavyMetal
08-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Tell Mrs. Pumpguy we made you do it!

yondering
08-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Tell Mrs. Pumpguy we made you do it!

Yep, it's your duty to your country to buy that gun. You had no choice. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

pumpguy
08-12-2008, 04:10 PM
:cry::cry:It's all a moot point now. A guy came in about an hour after me yesterday and put the gun on layaway. I gave them my name and said I would buy it if he doesn't pick it up. That figures. The gun had been in the shop for three weeks.

EDK
08-12-2008, 07:00 PM
I feel your pain! Sometimes luck is not on your side.

I wanted a 30/30 MARLIN Cowboy Rifle. Found one; failed to put a deposit on it and it was gone the next morning. Second one; they wanted $600...no deal. The third was NIB--with box, etc.--for $375. It sure is nice.

An Original Size VAQUERO in 44 magnum, 7.5 inch barrel, blue/cc, sat in the rack for several months. I finally decided to buy it...gone an hour earlier. Missed another when the shop went bankrupt while I was on vacation. (At least I didn't lose a deposit.) Third one got sold as I walked in the door. Finally found a blued and a stainless version on internet auctions.

I've been cut off at the pass on various internet auctions. Keep looking and you'll find what you want. BUT DON'T HESITATE WHEN YOU FIND IT!!!!

:Fire::cbpour::redneck::violin:

pumpguy
08-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Let a 95% security six for $200.00 go this past weekend. Now this. Can't win them all I guess.

bisleyfan41
08-13-2008, 07:48 PM
I hate to pour salt in a wound, but the 44 AcuSports are very rare. Unlike some of the other calibers, there was only one run done. The ones I've seen on Gunbroker have sold readily for $750-$900. Sorry you missed it.

Dr. A
08-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Chris,

Now you owe it to yourself to get the Super Blackhawk Hunter. What a fantastic gun! Mine is a Bisley, and one of the easiest to shoot 44's you'll find!

testhop
08-13-2008, 10:33 PM
remember the law is one gun a month so tell the mrs you was just obeying the law