PDA

View Full Version : i inherited a handgun...never knew Asperly made these

mozeppa
10-19-2017, 08:27 PM
has to be rare....even had the sales brochure in the box!

2ndAmendmentNut
10-19-2017, 11:02 PM
I think I saw a video on one of these on the Forgotten Weapons channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobthenailer
10-20-2017, 06:47 AM
Looks like it may have some geneoligy to Chippa Rino revolver.

birch
10-21-2017, 02:19 AM
That is not an Asperly made firearm!
That one came from Asperly's brother Nathan's aunt Margorie Holt who was twice removed from her father's side of the family some time before 1953 (or 52--I always get those two dates mixed up).
After the divorce, and another affair, the ownership of the design changed hands once more to a guy named "Aims". Actually his birth certificate listed his last name as " Aim".

Since young Mr. Aim had a bad lisp until the age of 8, he could not pronounce his name correctly, and most people thought his name was Aims. Eventually his lisp went away and he had to tell folks that his name was: Aim---less the single "S".

He got so tired of explaining to all the people he knew, the long story of the correct spelling of his last name, he changed his name to " Aimless" when he was emancipated at the age of 18.

Fortunately, while he was changing his name at the court house, he received a certified letter with a note that said, "you have been willed the sum of 1.1 million dollars left to you by your great aunt Marjorie."

He then had the money to invest in his lifelong passion--gun making. He filed the patent at the Clerk's office and for he first time, signed his new name "Aimless".

No sir--your gun was not made by Asperly.