PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird Cartridge 8208 powder

Dave Corrigan
08-11-2008, 10:20 AM
I have about 4lbs of TCCI 8208 powder that was given to me from a friend. It belonged to his brother who passed away a few years ago.

I was searching the web for some loading data for this powder. From what I've seen so far it appears this powder is no longer available but is in high demand.

I was going to try to find a load to just use this powder up but if its a powder that people are wanting that they can't get I would be willing to sell it.

This powder is in white plastic bottle like a clorox bleach bottle and has the original label on the bottle. There is no lot number printed on the label or bottle. It was a 8 lb. keg that has 3.6 lbs left (measured from a digital bathroom scale). That looks about right looking at where the powder level is on the side of the bottle. I stored this powder in my basement in a cabinet. I keep the humidity low because I have expensive woodworking equipment suceptable to rust in the basement. My friend had it stored in his garage after he got it from his brother.

If there is interest in this powder feel free to contact me via email or this forum.

Dave.

Scrounger
08-11-2008, 10:54 AM
With a small amount of powder like that, shipping expenses, with Haz Mat fees makes it too expensive to ship. If you can't find a local buyer, I'd suggest you use it. You can use Hogdgon's H322 data.

Dave Corrigan
08-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Thanks Scrounger, I'll look into the H322 data.

felix
08-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Someone who is a diehard will pay the price. Advertise it at http://www.benchrest.com/forums/ ... felix

leadman
08-11-2008, 03:43 PM
If you want to use the powder I can PM you the data from Thunderbird.

mike in co
08-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Someone who is a diehard will pay the price. Advertise it at http://www.benchrest.com/forums/ ... felix

lol.....best luck would be to try for a face to face sale.

depending on the lot its good to shoot as is in a top load in 6ppc. if an odd lot, mixed with some powder will double it to 8 lbs....but even that is a small lot for a benchrest shooter.

and despite the previous thread, its not that expensive... good for a one to one or close trade. if it was several 8 lb'ers enough to shoot for a while for a competitve shooter...maybe more....but i aint.

mike in co

Boomer Mikey
08-11-2008, 06:16 PM
I have an 8# jug it's excellent powder.

Boomer