PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
10-15-2017, 08:42 AM
God's Invincible Truth

“See how I love your precepts; preserve my life, O Lord, according to your love. All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal" (Psalm 119:159-160).

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:161-168

British Prime Minister Winston Churchill paid profound tribute to truth. “The truth,” he said, “is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. Ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.”

Sir Winston Churchill may or may not have had the Bible in mind when he paid truth such a compliment, but his words describe the Bible perfectly. Jesus, a much higher authority than Mr. Churchill, said that God's Word is truth (John 17:17). The test of time has demonstrated that it is timeless and triumphant. Critics have slammed it, but still it stands. Efforts to obliterate it have failed. Persecution intended to silence those who share its message has only kindled a greater zeal to proclaim it. Translators have given their lives to make the Bible available around the world, and small groups of believers have risked their lives to study it in countries opposed to freedom of worship.

The Bible, God’s truth, offers salvation, hope, guidance, encouragement, and much more. Tap into its resources daily. It will always be there for you!

Insight: A few good books may last for centuries, but the Bible endures forever as a treasure to be cherished and used over and over again.

USMC87
10-15-2017, 09:11 AM
Amen and thank you for the lesson.

Pine Baron
10-15-2017, 09:11 AM
Thank you rl. My personal journey in seeking answers has always lead me back to the Bible, always. I'm particularly amazed how the verses and meanings come to me when I need them the most. Praise God, Thank you Jesus.

Boaz
10-15-2017, 07:59 PM
Bible holds the answers , you just have to find them . Thank you rl69 !

buckwheatpaul
10-15-2017, 11:15 PM
Thank you Ronnie for the words of encouragement and a glimpse into what is waiting for us.....Paul