PDA

View Full Version : My Aunt

runfiveslittlegirl
08-10-2008, 12:56 AM
My aunt michelle passed away. Two days ago. She commited suicide over a divorce. Most of my family and I will miss her. =( Some of my family didn like her for the things she did... She will still be missed as soon as it sets in that shes gone. Her funeral is Tuesday night. So we are driving down to salt lake til Wednesday. I will talk to you all then. Love Dawn

RP
08-10-2008, 01:43 AM
Dawn sorry to hear about your anut our prays will be with you and your family.

Bret4207
08-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Dawn, I'm so sorry for your loss. As hard as it will be, try not to judge her for leaving this world. Sometimes people just can't take it anymore. If you have a really hard time with it find someone to talk to about it. There are a bunch of ways to deal with these things and some just aren't healthy ways. You take care kiddo and know all your "Uncles" here are behind you.

NVcurmudgeon
08-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Dawn, suicide has happened in my family. The most important thing is for you and your family to not beat yourselves up over it. "What could you have done? Nothing." Our prayers are with you and your family. Bill and Fran

WildmanJack
08-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Dawn darlin,
Life is very much like being on a sailing ship. You cruise along, sometimes you hit bad weather, sometimes it's smooth sailing. Then one day you hit a really bad storm and no matter what you do, no matter how hard you try to deal with the damage from the storm your cruise comes to an end. Try to think about it like this, although your aunt is gone from your life, she's still cruising on that sailboat, she's out of sight over the horizon, and away from all her friends and family, but soon she'll see land again and all the people that have gone on the same cruise before her will be there to welcome her to her new home. Bless you darlin.. you, your family and your aunt are in my prayers..
Jack

45nut
08-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Can't say it any better than you did Jack.

wolfspotter
08-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Dawn, best wishes and prayers to you and your family. My family visited Idaho and Salt Lake when I was your age. What a beautiful country!

runfiveslittlegirl
08-12-2008, 10:11 PM
We buried her today at the muray cemetary. What a sad day for most. But as I said some of my family didn like her.

MT Gianni
08-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Best wishes with a tough situation. Gianni

gon2shoot
08-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Sorry for your loss. Your aunt's memories live in your heart and I'ts your choice what to do with them not anyone elses.

tom barthel
08-14-2008, 12:20 AM
I am sorry for your loss. Nothing can bring her back. Don't let yourself get caught up in the could of, would of, should of game. I do wish it had not happened but, it did. You have people you don't know who hurt with you. There are a lot of Christians in the world. We DO care for others. Our prayers are with you and yours.

schutzen
08-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Dawn,

Pay attention to NVcurmudgeon's advice. My best friend from HS and the Army committed suicide. He sacrificed the use of one of his legs to save my life; I would have gladly given my life to save his. For several years I carried a great guilt about his death, but through study and prayer I came to understand that suicide is not the fault of anyone. Suicide is a form of mental illness that when left untreated results in death. The real problem is even those very close to the person can be easily fooled into believing the person is fine.

What is important for you is to remember and cherish the good times with your Aunt. Morn her passing, but don't dwell on it. Live your life to its fullest and if you ever get thoughts of suicide, immediately seek professional help. Our prayers are with you.

monadnock#5
08-15-2008, 02:09 PM
I liked the "Dear Abby" columns. Smart woman. The smartest thing she ever said was on the subject of suicide. "A permanent solution to a temporary problem." We're all here for a purpose. It really doesn't matter if in the course of a lifetime we never come to grips with what that purpose is. Our Creator knows, and that's all that counts.

Cherish the memory of your Aunt, and share the wisdom of "Dear Abby".

MtGun44
08-28-2008, 02:35 AM
Monadnock#5

I never knew where that phrase came from - but it sure seems appropriate in
some cases, especially for the young.

Dawn -

My condolences, and try hard to not let this be a thing that causes further
problems in your family.

Best of luck dealing with it, but remember - the only person responsible was
the person themselves. We would all hope to help, but frequently it is not
possible no matter how hard you try. :(

Bill