PDA

View Full Version : Silver scout

Matuku
10-08-2017, 09:26 PM
Hi,
I have finally got my Sons Marlin 1895SBL shooting well with 355grain NOE cast mould,
Now we are trying to buy a Leupold FX-11 scout 2.5x28mm silver duplex scope for it but I have been told the silver scope has been discontinued, I did find one on eBay but the seller would not send it to Australia where we live, really would like Silver version of the scope I know it can be purchased in gun metal grey and black but we would like silver, I have even contacted Leopold is custom shop to see if I could cope one in silver but I cannot do that,
Does anybody know where one of these scopes might be?
Regards.

4719dave
10-08-2017, 11:18 PM
The last time I shipped to Australia got boarder agents involved and they kept my brass ..

Matuku
10-09-2017, 04:36 AM
Dave,
That would have been because any part of ammunition needs a import permit and that includes brass, I am glad they still let moulds through but I bet they are looking at those as well, but for now moulds come in no problem.

starmac
10-10-2017, 08:33 PM
I may be wrong, but I think an individual can get in big trouble for shipping a scope out of the country. As stupid as it sounds I think it falls under the same law as firearms, ammo, etc.

Minerat
10-10-2017, 09:59 PM
I found this one but $650.00 Canadian. Out of Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. May get you around US shipping laws.

http://frontierfirearms.ca/leupold-fx-ii-handgun-4x28mm-silver-duplex-special-order-only-1-2-weeks-for-delivery/

Good Luck.

Matuku
10-12-2017, 06:28 PM
Thanks for your replys, I found one and snapped it up, it was on a web page of a gun shop in Australia NSW, $420 Aus dollars for a new scope I could not believe my luck, I noticed the model number was correct for the silver duplex scope but they had a gun metal grey photo on the web page, got them to send me a photo of the scope and it was what I have been looking so bought I, 20 dollars postage and I should be here in West Australia any day now, here is the photo they sent me.

Matuku
10-12-2017, 06:32 PM