PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
10-08-2017, 08:20 AM
Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. 6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

I remember about 25 years ago when my youngest was about 3 years old. Our whole family was involved in the Awana Bible Club and my daughter was just getting started learning verses. I will never forget her first memory verse; it was I Peter 5:7 and here is the way she quoted it.

"Casting all your carethon him for he carethon you."

She may have got the words a little bit wrong, but she understood that there was no reason to care about her needs and daily provision. As a little three year old, she was completely dependent upon us as her parents to meet all her physical, mental and emotional needs. Sometimes, she was a little independent and thought she knew better than her us, but down deep inside she knew she could rely on God as well as on mom and dad.

We should feel the same way about God. Although from time to time we think we can strike out on our own and make our own way, but in the end, we know that our every breath, our every morsel of food, our entire life is dependent upon our Heavenly Father. He loves us unconditionally and has promised to take care of us and supply all our needs.

Father, help us to rely on you alone for our every need. You are a gracious and merciful God and we give you all the glory honor and praise.... Amen

USMC87
10-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the great lesson, Amen.

Boaz
10-09-2017, 02:40 PM
He tells us he will provide . Thank you rl69 !