PDA

View Full Version : supper last night

Lloyd Smale
10-05-2017, 05:35 AM
shoulder off a small doe in the crock pot all day with spuds, carrots, onion a can of cream of mushroom soup and a pack of lipton onion soup mix. Doesn't get much better.

6bg6ga
10-05-2017, 06:45 AM
Makes me hungry. I hope there was lots of gravy and potatoes. Never shot a dear been deer hunting so I can only imagine the hunt, the shot, and the prep needed in order to enjoy that meal. I envy you Lloyd.

Lloyd Smale
10-05-2017, 08:29 AM
not much effort to cook. Just throw it all into a crock pot turn it on in the morning and dump it out at supper time.

MaryB
10-05-2017, 09:54 PM
Can tell you are from the Midwest! Crockpot and Cream of Mushroom soup cooks anything! We used to dump pheasant breasts in the crock pot with the soup and cook it all day. Shredded the meat into the gravy and served over rice.

country gent
10-05-2017, 10:02 PM
Mary B we did it with pigeon breasts also. Used either Cream of mushroom or cream of chicken. Over biscuts or mashed taters.

Lloyd Smale
10-06-2017, 11:22 AM
yup venison, cheap beef, burger, chicken or any bird, pork, really about any meat and a can of cream of mush soup and you've got a good meal.
Can tell you are from the Midwest! Crockpot and Cream of Mushroom soup cooks anything! We used to dump pheasant breasts in the crock pot with the soup and cook it all day. Shredded the meat into the gravy and served over rice.

Scorpion8
10-06-2017, 12:00 PM
Good gawd, dontcha realize how hungry you're making all of us?!?

DCP
10-06-2017, 05:24 PM

Yes this is good stuff

Boaz
10-06-2017, 09:04 PM
Sounds good Lloyd ! Crock pots are handy , don't know why I don't use mine more often . Just stupid is all I can figure .

Lloyd Smale
10-07-2017, 06:31 AM
when I was single and young id throw something in the crock pot before work and when I got home put the crock pot on the coffee table on a hot pad and eat right out of it. Put the left overs in the fridge still in the crock pot and take it out the next day and toss the whole thing in the microwave and do it again. ALOT less dishes to wash!! I hate doing dishes. My dad used to laugh at me. I had a kitchen window right by the kitchen sink that looked out over my back yard. Every spring he come there and take pans I threw out the window because they were to nasty to bother cleaning and take them home and clean them and bring them to camp. Me, I just bought new ones.
Sounds good Lloyd ! Crock pots are handy , don't know why I don't use mine more often . Just stupid is all I can figure .

6bg6ga
10-07-2017, 07:32 AM
I simply use the larger slow cookers. I get a rump roast or beef bottom round on sale and throw it into the cooker with a 1" of water on the bottom and then throw in a packet of McCormick Au Jus Gravy mix and let it cook about 6 hours and then throw in an additional packet of Au Jus into the pot with more water and let it cook another hr or so and remove the meat to let it stand. I then dump the liquid into a pan and make gravy. The meat is so soft you can cut it with a fork easily.Makes for good sandwiches and if one wants to place some sliced meat on a good bun and cover with some cheese and then broil for a couple of minutes until the cheese melts and browns a little you in for a treat. The gravy is either used for dipping the sandwich or over potatoes.