PDA

View Full Version : Uberti Cattleman .357

T-Bird
10-01-2017, 10:01 AM
This is the gun I decided on, rather than the Cimarron 32/20 that I started the other thread about a couple weeks ago. I really like it! Feels like better quality than I was expecting. I'm shooting the Lee 158 rnfp sized .358 (a tight push through) and hi tek coated over 8 gr AA #5.Gun shoots roughly to point of aim at 25 yds, and shoots as straight as I can shoot it with trifocals. This model is the Cattleman 2 that has the floating firing pin in the hammer. It seems to work, but probably won't trust it if carrying in the woods. Zero leading in the bbl. I didn't slug it, but I tried a .358 boolit that I had pushed through a cylinder throat in the end of the bbl and it wouldn't fit, so it is smaller than .358. Overall, I'm happy. I do, however, feel cheated a little that I didn't have to work a little to find a good load! :grin:

osteodoc08
10-01-2017, 10:27 AM
Not really sure why you wouldn't trust it so long as it proves reliable and shoots well.

The 357 is a very versatile cartridge.

Sounds like you have a nice sidearm. Enjoy it and happy shooting

Thumbcocker
10-01-2017, 10:47 AM
Lee 158 rnfp is a good boolit.

T-Bird
10-01-2017, 11:30 AM
Osteodoc, I meant I wouldn't trust the floating firing pin. I'll load 5 cylinders for woods carry. sorry for the confusion