PDA

View Full Version : 10mm 180gr blue dot lead loads

kenk
10-01-2017, 07:58 AM
Morning Folks,
I have been loading 10mm 180gr XTP’s with 10.5gr of Blue Dot, and want to start loading lead. I picked up some Missouri Bullet Company 180 Grain TCFP / Brinell 18 bullets, and would like to work up some 180gr blue dot loads. I will be shooting these in a G20 with a factory length KKM barrel. Any ideas on an accurate load, and or min-max loads you have worked up would be great
Thanks in advance

myg30
10-01-2017, 09:56 AM
Ken, Good morning sir. If that XTP load works good fer you, drop down 10% and work up from there looking for pressure signs. I don't know if that's a mid range charge or not but you can work up from there. I don't load anything max. I make up 5-10 of each charge weight in .2-.3 increments for pistol. I use my factory glock bbls. mostly, but have KKM and wolf.
Bullet fit is king. Check for leading,start with a good clean bbl.
Good luck in your load development.

Mike

sqlbullet
10-01-2017, 01:19 PM
As I mentioned at 10mm-firearms.com where this question was asked (good to see you here too!)....

18 BHN is harder than I like for 10mm bullets. Light charges of Blue Dot lead my guns, though "full" loads, between max-10% and max, work just fine.

You mentioned in the other thread you have Power Pistol too, and this will work better for lighter loads in my experience. I use Blue Dot for full power loads and Unique for "practice" loads.

I also shoot lead in my factory barrels. But I do load development with great care and frequent inspection.

kenk
10-01-2017, 03:28 PM
This is way awesome, Thank you both!